DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Creating New Crafting Categories In Creation Kit

KatsuroKurotsuki

I'm working on a crafting mod that will utilize Game Setting sGenericCraftKeywordName09. As some may know 1-7 are used by Hearthfire while 10 is used by Dawnguard. Immersive Armors by Hothtrooper44 is a current mod I have, that utilizes 8. I followed this tutorial but found it to be rather vague - http://www.creationkit.com/Customizing_Crafting_Categories.

I set up a keyword attached it to my items, added the keyword to the correct Object Id, and set the Label for the Game Setting. The items have crafting recipes in the Constructible Object tab of Creation Kit.

In game when crafting all items appear under the Misc. category. In one case the item set doesn't even appear but I believe this to be a mistake on my part. The new category I created does not appear. I've tried other methods such as example 1 in the tutorial, but in that case the modded crafting category no longer appears.

I've read several forum posts with other modders having the same problem but no solution. I have not found one such post on TESA. If there is one, a link will be appreciated.

Further information will be provided as necessary. 

I easily made new crafting recipes in my mod, levelers towers.

I never used "Game Setting sGenericCraftKeywordName09" to do it either.

Its been like a year plus since I looked at it, but its all about keywords.

If you want your new recipe to be made on the workbench (World Objects: Furniture: CraftingBlacksmithArmorWorkbench) then look at the 'keywords' on that object. You see one of them is "CraftingSmithingArmorTable". Remember that.

Now go to the recipes (Items: Constructible Objects:) and make a new recipe. On the "Workbench Keyword" drop down box, select "CraftingBlacksmithArmorWorkbench". Now that recipe will be available on the workbench.