DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hi All! New Wannabe Sorta Modder...

BajeDad

Just sort of fell into this...

Finished Skyrim for first time.  Wanted to do it right, so poked around a bit and dragged my feet on the main quest until STEAM told me I had logged almost 250 hours.

Decided to do some mods (had done CoT and a few other light mods through NMM for first run), and soon found myself in trouble.  Nothing I couldn't get out of if I just ripped out all the mods and started over; but it bugged me that I was at the mercy of a bunch of UNRESPONSIVE people for something I knew had to be simple.  One of the things I was trying to figure out is how character assets are used (and affect CTDs) in third person view.  One of the skills I figured I needed to acquire was how to figure out where undies/bikinis files are stored.  And what better way to find out than to learn how to make/mod same.  That search eventually led me to one of Hana's tutorials and TESA, and... well... here I am.

Howdy.

• Upvote 2

Thank you, thank you.  And special thanks to you, WilleSea, whom, I presume, is the person, who freed me from the, "you'll have to wait until a moderator reviews your post" fetter.

I know I am still in the "Welcome" forum (and don't wish to wear it out).  Would someone please suggest the correct forum for me to repost a fleshed out version of the following:

"User of CBBE V3.3A with bodyslide 2.2 with no problems.  CTD after installing armor pack for CBBE with bodyslide.  Removed armor pack.  Now CTD if female PC removes body armor or loots body armor from female NPC.  Only female characters and only body armor.  Want to learn enough about assets involved in armor/clothing/body mods to fix this problem and make some of my own tweaks to armor. "

Thank you.

.... Are those slippers in his mouth?

Glad you asked.  Going to have to give it a redo some time...

No.  I took one of the vanilla beginner's avatar pics offered on this site and edited the Skyrim dragon logo into his mouth, as if he were fetching it instead of slippers.  I wanted subtle; so am impressed you noticed (here, have a cookie).  Didn't realize it was so subtle that once you saw it you couldn't tell what it was.  Maybe  I should make the dragon something which does not blend in so well with Meeko's coat.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by BajeDad