DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

An issue with Windows updates

donnato

Hello folks, last tuesday, 12-9-14 , there were 13 important updates waiting when I got home from work. I browsed through and found nothing unusual and so, installed. Next day Bessie couldn`t boot up. I finally got past that but now Defender has been switched off and I can`t turn it back on, also there are 8 more updates that fail everytime I try. I tried to DL Security Essentials but... for the first time ever... it failed also. My last available backup looks to be from 5 months ago so I`m waiting on that because I`m not sure that will solve the problem, and, it`ll be a PITA too. If anyone has any knowledge or ideas, I would greatly appreciate the input.

Sa, I don`t have AMD but how would I search and destroy the up with the bad cert.? Jac, I had 8 that failed everytime. I`ll look to see if KB3024777 is a newer one.

Thank you both. :coolup:

EDIT 12-12-14: Nope Jac, nothing listed with that KB#, also I`m showing fail at the download stage with an error code 800706F7.  In my software dristrubition folder the log shows that all 8 previous updated were successfully downloaded... :shrug: Looks like something is blocking any Microsoft downloads.

Edited by donnato

At least one of the updates include a badly done certificate, which means if you tried to install newer AMD drivers, you can't install them while the bad certificates are in place and those certs have to be removed.

Does the supplemental update mentioned below cover that?

MS released a small update yesterday that was about 28k, Don (KB3024777).

Yesterday I got 2 new updates (re-releases).... KB3024777 - Update for Windows 7 for x64 based systems and a re-release of the Microsoft Silverlight  update KB3011970.

I didn't have any issues with any of the 16+ I got on Tuesday but getting anything out of the planned sequence for updates means there is a serious patch needed or they mucked one up.

Thanks folks. Last night I was working with Arthmoor, trying to find and uninstall KB3004394. I see it in my Software Distribution folder and update history, but it doesn`t show in Program and Features/ Show Installed Updates sooo.. unable to uninstall. I did manually DL KB3024777 to a remote location but when I double click to activate it and Yes to the nannyware ... nothing happens.

HY, I tried the one you linked to but got blocked. I`m not worried about the Defender issue since I have MalwareBytes running, but being unable to get further updates is bad in the extreme. At this point I have hidden the updates and will try again later offline and in safemode. :shrug: