DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

'Bones not found' error with custom armor outfits in Creation Kit.

flipdarkfuture

So, after spending a few days making up these RWBY outfits as my first custom outfits for Skyrim, and after reweighting them and reworking them to match the latest CBBE body, I'm now having  a issue with them in the Creation Kit, where it can't find the bones for their models.

Here's a example of what I mean.

I7Yoqbi.png

I'm not sure what the issue is. I copied weights from the body mesh I used as my template to my custom mesh, and I imported the skeleton of the body mesh and parented it to my mesh, yet the problem still occurs?

Hmm, I remember this question from BGS forums. Sorry, I thought I had answered.

Going by the additional information in your last post, it crashes when you try to preview the NPC wearing the outfit? Can you preview the Armor record without crashing?

As I said before, it's difficult to help troubleshoot without seeing the mesh myself. Feel free to PM me your .blend file and .nif file, if you'd like. Also, you could review my tutorial, starting at step 3 to ensure your rigging is correct.

Yeah, I'll PM the NIF and make a Blend file out of it too. If I can get this issue sorted with one NIF, then I can easily fix the others. They've all ran into the same error in the CK. So at least its consistent, I guess.

I'll go through your tutorial as well. Although if it helps, I did make these NIFs in Blender 2.72 with the latest nifscripts, so I'll import them into Blender 2.49 and work on them in there.

Edited by flipdarkfuture

I was able to create the ArmorAddon and Armor records with no issues or errors with the mesh you sent me. :shrug:

I even tested it in game on one of my characters. Besides some weight paint issues (and minor nif options issues), it seems fine. Sorry, I don't know why your CK is throwing errors.