DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Issue I had with the base game of skyrim and how I resolved it

craigsters

I got no answer from steam support and today a game came up in my steam wishlist for sale and I forgot I was online at steam and went to buy the game and it wanted to do a remote install, I had no clue what that was or how it worked and suddenly noticed I was in steam through chrome's browser, so I closed my browser and launched steam from my desktop the one that has your games in it, and went to the steam store and page I bought the new game from and seen a play button and clicked it with my mouse cursor and the game installed, and I remembered seeing a play button to for the base game of skyrim and thought hey maybe it well install from the store page and it worked!..

You see I originally had a retail copy of the base game skyrim, but it wouldn't install from my steam game library  and only the dlc's would install and the other day the game wouldn't install, someone insisted at another  forum  I posted about this issue that my problem was a directx issue, he even sent me a steam troubleshooting thread on this directx install problem.

Just thought this might help someone else  install issue.