DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Texturing New Models in the CK

mybad

hi there, i'm adding new models for a new mod but when i load the nifs in the CK all my textures looks flat and no normal map effects are showing in the light/shadow cast rendering..

i took this screen as an example:

30dkntl.jpg

as written in the screen both models are using the same texture set but mine (the one on the right) seems that is not loading the normal map!

is there any way to let this model load normal maps as the vanilla one on the left? i was looking in the nif chunks if there were any different values but seems all the identical. please help i'm getting mad!

thanks for the answer, all i did is extract the 2 files (the vanilla texture and the vanilla nmap) loading both in the new texture set object; after that i just swapped the same texture set in the vanilla model and in mine but they still look different as you can see from the screen.

however here is a screen of the texture set:

http://i58.tinypic.com/iozndv.jpg

Edited by mybad

• 2 weeks later...

no matter i've fixed the issue! ;) exploring google search i finally found this tutorial/information about bsLightShaders: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1188259-bslightingshaderproperty-basics/ and found out that my 3dsmax was generating nif with a NiTriShapeData => BS Num UV Sets Value = 1 instead of 4097! i've redone it for each model and updated the tangents in nifskope and all my models now load properly their normal map! thanks as well to everybody who tried to help me with this headcracking issue :D this thread may be closed thanks again!