DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Two questions about Nifskope

Leodoidao

Greetings.

I am looking for advice from Nifskope users about two things.

The first is very simple: how do I remove collision property from a mesh?

The second: I am messing with that Dawnguard´s  Soul Cairn magic beam (FXsoulcairnbeam.nif). It is a purple magic flame, the mesh is assigned to no texture and lacks UVmapping for texture. It is PURPLE, I want to turn it RED. I managed to change MOST of it with the collor controllers.... but after changing All of them, from ALL the mesh´s  blocks to red, the swirls are still purple:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/gallery/image/30575-a-demonic-realm/

Any ideas about how to change them to red?

1. Find the bhkCollisionObject node, right click on it, go to Block, then go to Remove Branch.

2. Meshes can be coloured several ways - via a texture, via vertex colours or via emmissive colouring. In the case of this mesh it is purple from vertex colouring. I am not sure what you mean by "color controllers", but all you'll need to do for each NiTriShape under the NiNode called "Beam" is look in their NiTriShapeData blocks, find the Vertex Colors option, expand it, and change the color from purple to red in ALL the vertexes that are currently colored. Nothing else needs to be changed.

• Upvote 1

Thank you once again, Hanaisse, for always helping the ones in need. But about the SECOND question, I had already done exactly what you told. The "swirls" are a block called emitter01:0[28]. I even managed to remove it as a test. But it has no "vertex color" (all the other stuff had it, I changed them and it worked). Am I missing something there? Can the color of this block be controlled elsewhere (I mean: maybe it "borrows" some information from other block, is that the case?

Edited by Leodoidao

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Personally, I like the look of it in the picture. :)

Digging through the nif, there's one more spot that could be the cause. You were close with NiTriShape Emitter01:0, but that's not it. Above that, dig into 20 NiNode pStrips01DarkSoul03-Emitter until you find 34 BSEffectShaderProperty. Down at the bottom of that you can see the Greyscale Texture calls for the gradient texture GradVioBright.dds. This is most likely where your color is coming from (vio=violet). You could change that to a neutral or red gradient texture (gradredench looks like it might work well). Note that this might change the look of the effect as well, not just color.