DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Custom Outfit Skeleton messed up on export out of Blender.

flipdarkfuture

So, has anybody had any issues  when it came to exporting custom clothing or armor out of Blender and into Nifskope? I keep running into this error where the skeleton ends being all jumbled up and messy when I view the exported file in Nifskope. In Blender itself, the skeleton is completely intact. So I'm not really sure what's causing this.

Here's two images of some custom meshes I'm working on inside Blender.

ULOiNFt.png?1

And here's what happens to the skeleton of the exported file inside of nifskope.

leLWCT0.png?1

Has anyone run into this issue before?

Edited by flipdarkfuture

It doesn't look 'messed up' to me, that's just the way NifSkope displays bones. The very bottom square is the NiNode, and each other square is a bone stemming from it. The bones might not look like they are in the same place but they are. You'll never be able to tell just by looking at it in Nifskope if a rigged mesh is correct or not. Did you test it in game?

rigged stuff export from blender?

this may sound stupid, but you use blender 2.49 for rigging, right? ... newer versions afaik dont support the required scripts (at least not perfectly :shrug: )

my next question wouldve been the same that hanaisse asked. did you check it in game?

third question: if you use 2.49, and you export, you use the fallout settings with "stripify geometries" ... right? (and of course you export the mesh and the skeleton at the same time, right?)

will check back here later. but i definitely need you to test it in-game, and give as much info as possible... what stepts you made? ... what skeleton used? ... and so on. the more infos the better.

good luck :)

Edited by Ragna_Rok

^ Don't need to do that. This mesh is part of a full outfit, and there's already a piece that has the baseshape body. 

I use Blender 2.7 for rigging and so far it's worked fine. The problem I'm having is that inside the Creation Kit the mesh becomes very stretched and messed up. By itself the model for the armor piece is completely fine, as shown below but I try to preview it on the actor themselves with the other pieces of the outfit...

ivmaNMJ.pngUNc8h4S.png

I've gone through the bodyslots for each piece, but so far I haven't found any mismatched numbers or anything.

hana is right, definitely the weightpaint ... well, id love to help out more here in general, ive done so on several other forums, but hana is soooooo  dayum fast that i guess i dont have a chance ;)

guess thats another cookie from me then :wub:

edit: in case you copied the weights, i couldve sworn that your custom-mesh is turned backwards, so that the breast would be on the chars back.

Edited by Ragna_Rok