DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: General Questions

DarkRider

User tutorials go here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/category/35-level-design/

If it's particularly well done we will approve it for inclusion in a classroom as a workshop :good:

That's where I wanted to put it. :) Actually, it's a pretty short tutorial; once you know how to proceed, generating LOD is quite easy to do. Nothing spectacular in this. ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Hey another question about containers.

i0wPNUj.png

If I wanted more than one of these for storage, can I just dupe it in the cell to make another, or do I -have- to make a new object and place it? I don't know if duping it in the cell will make all copies of them have the same inv, or if it'll keep the inv split between em.. or if I have to make new objects of them to keep it split.

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the correct forum. I am a first time modder and inspired by all the great mods on this site I decided to make one myself, a house mod. I made all the rookie mistakes (I copied an interior cell with all its issues, I overloaded my house with all the great content from other mods, etc.). But despite all this, given tedious hours of reworking it, with the help of the awsome tutorials on this site, I was finally able to get it to work in the CK :-)

Unfortunately, despite it working fine in the creation kit, it crashes in Skyrim :-( and I can't figure out why. I can access the exterior just fine; i can use all the workbenches, but as soon as I try to enter the interior, the game crashes.

Here are the things I've done so far to try to get it running in Skyrim as well:

- checked every added content for missing meshes/textures, etc. It's all in the separate folders of the mod, as far as I can tell

- cleaned the mod with Tes5edit (fixing errors, cleaning it, etc.) and Tes5edit says its fine

- Checked for depedancies or problems with other mods, there don't seem to be any

- Checked that containers are not overlapping, and activators are not angles at 0, 90, 180, 360 degrees

- checked that the doors are both unique and linked correctly (I can jump between them smoothly in CK; both have unique ids and settings)

- put my mod last in the load order

- enabled papyrus logs, hoping it would tell me what exacty it is that is crashing the game, but I can't work out what it is

- The interior cell is headed by #M 214,90% (337,39MB/157 MB) but I learned on the internet there are cells with higher values and they work just fine

Is there something obvious that I am missing? If so please let me know. If it isn't obvious what else can I do the find out what the problem is? If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Diara

• 3 years later...

Hello! I have a few questions about Lesson 1. First of all: Rider said we can make our cell a tavern or a home. If it's the latter, should the "public space" box be unticked?

Secondly, is it all right to include a child's bed? There's nothing in the thread either way, so unless told otherwise I'll assume it's fine. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Salutations,

I seek to create a mod that modifies how Dragonborn can toggle sneak (With weapons/magic/fists/etc. unsheathed ONLY, Dragonborn cannot toggle sneak unless standing still). I have CK installed, yet I have no clue where to start if I want to create this mod. All of the tutorials I've seen are for meshes and textures. Nothing on control modification.

Note: The mod I seek to create comes from "The Ultimate Dodge Mod" on Bethesda.net where this mod, when installed, gives you the option of choosing from 2 different "Sneak Styles" where Sneak Style 2 changes the way your character can toggle sneak to precisely what I just described. The author of said mod is nowhere to be found and the mod was deleted off of Nexusmods.

Edit: Disregard this message; I now realize that simply freeing up my LB key solves the issue.

Edited by SargentForge711
Realizing I should've customized custommap.txt instead