DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Strange Blue Glow in my Mod

AlliBeth

I am just learning how to mod Skyrim, so I'm sure this has a simple ans.

I am working on a house in the CK and the house has a strange blue-green hazy glow  in-game.  Now the house is 3 stories and the glow is throughout.  I can not for the life of me figure out what is causing this.

If anyone has a clue, please let me know.

ScreenShot8.png

Edited by AlliBeth

Thanks so much for that info!  But could you please guide me a little on that?  I am very new to CK.  I had no idea I was using a weather template.  Would I need to start over on this project.  Can I disable it?

Thanks.

Oops, I wrote "weather template" instead of "lighting template". You'll find here all what you need to know about them in relation to the cells: http://www.creationkit.com/Interior_Cells

To bring up the "cell" data window, right-click on your cell in the "cell view" window and then select "edit". :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I edited  the cell data info as you suggested to reflect exactly Windhelm's Hjerim house.  Colors did change, but I still have intense fog and now the Render Window is light blue.  When I press the Toggle SKY button on the CK toolbar, this toggles on/off but its still in game.  The whole render window is fogged up and colored.

CKTEST.png

I am in the very early stages of learning and have just completed the 4 part tut on this site, so I am working with just the basics.  The only changes I made to ini is what is required to use the DLCs in the CK for  modding.  No ENB installed.

I just checked the 1st test mod I did working in the tutorial (which was fine when I finished it) and I see now that mod has the same problem!   Now I was using the same plug-in for both mods, could that be the problem??  I've only worked on the interior for the 2nd mod but the first has interior and exterior.  These are really just test mods for me to learn but this 2nd one is a bigger project and I was hoping to go back and look for details in errors....which I can't really see with this blue fog atmosphere in-game.

The mod is much better now with the edits made to the cell.  Pic below.  But still quit foggy in the distance.   Apparently I have lost half of my work done on my original int cell used in the practice tutorial.  I think the best thing is to start over and create a solitary mod for this house.  I only wish I could copy all my work over into a new mod.  If there is a way to do that please let me know.

Also, is there a better way to line things up such as house tiles, walls, beams, etc?  I use the standard movements but they don't seem to be all that precise.  There is always a floor tile or wall, etc., slightly off.  This doesn't matter so much in a cave, but in a house where every structural component should be lined up, its a problem.

Thanks for the help!

You can see the white hazy in the distance, but up close it looks good.

ScreenShot12.png

Yeah, at this point I would start over from scratch and make a brand new mod, not add on to an existing one. Make sure your interior looks good (no fog) before you continue, you should be able to tell after you drop in the first kit interior piece.

As for the misaligned pieces, that would be another reason to start over, and use the snap to grid function. It will take you less time to redo the house from scratch than to try to go through each piece and line it up now.

I tried using the snap to grid, but I must have not gotten the knack of it.  It just seemed to give me problems.  Stubbornness to place things where I wanted it.  I know that its my fault and will need to figure it out.  

Can you advise me how to extract items from other mods without becoming dependent on that mod?  I know that modders have made resource mods but I don't know how you can actually access them wo making your mod dependent on the other mod.  Also, many modders don't mind sharing as long as credit and acknowledgment is given so I'd like to draw on that great resource.

Thanks so much.

Edited by AlliBeth

Can you advise me how to extract items from other mods without becoming dependent on that mod?  I know that modders have made resource mods but I don't know how you can actually access them wo making your mod dependent on the other mod.  Also, many modders don't mind sharing as long as credit and acknowledgment is given so I'd like to draw on that great resource.

Thanks so much.

There is a tutorial for this here on TESA:

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/tutorials/article/99-using-modders-resources/

And please use the resource downloads if possible, where you have the readme and the permissions written down, do not simply extract them from another mod.