DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] adding new creatures: death of creature = ctd

Ragna_Rok

hello folks :)

im having some troubles with my warg-mounts. .. not really the wargs, more the related ck-entries. first, thank you darkrider for the cktutorial about the stable. that one helped out a lot with my warg-mounts, i know it was you who made it, its obviously on the screenshots ;)

i have finals, and thus am limited when it comes to spare-time for the next few weeks, and i thought id ask here.

ive tried my best to figure out how the entries you have to make to get a mount / creature in-game work. but i am stuck. ive looked for... i have no clue how many tutorials. im simply stuck.

the problem is simple: they work just as i want, except one thing. when i kill one of my wargs, the game crashes. i could not find any tutorial or help for that, another thing is that i tweaked the wolfs skeleton to make it mountable and have no clue if its maybe related to this... maybe deathanimations dont like custom skeletons? i have no clue, tried about 3 dozen changes on my testing version and am completely out of ideas :shrug:

for my defense, its the first time i mod creatures / living stuff, and for that im already happy that ive came that far without major problems. would anyone of you be interested to take a look at my file and maybe put me in the right directions or give me a clue / hint on what it could be?

in general: i mostly use my signature "ragnarok" in the entries i make to find them quick, in case of the warg-mod, when loaded in the ck, it should be enough to go to section "all" and either look for "ragnarok" or "warg" to see every single entry ive made so far.

the file is here on tesa: CLICK

thx for your time, and i hope someone smarter than me reads this... :sweat:

after my finals are over i will take a deep look at a couple of other mount-mods. hopefully i find one that is organized well. another idea i had is that i will try to set the wargs up as regular creatures (so without custom skeleton, just wolves) and see what happens.

i still hope that some brilliant creature-modder pops in and points me the right way, i need to fix this before i create more wargs (the heavy armored ones). :pinch:

EDIT: Viltuska from DarkCreations just pointed me towards something that could solve it... its so obvious and stupid that i would have never checked it myself. just a couple of clicks, if it solves the issue, i will post here on what went wrong and how to fix it. shared knowledge is the best knowledge :)

EDIT 2: okay, so the trouble seems to be not related to me adjusting the wargs size in the ck by scaling them there. dayum.

EDIT 3: i messed around with the settings in the ck a little, but without a pro i think my best chance to find entries i wont need anymore is to set up the mod again from scratch :shrug: ... i still hope for the creature-master to appear...

Edited by Ragna_Rok

Write to Ghastley over at TESNexus - he made those riding bears in Oblivion and (unless I'm mistaken) I think he made them for Skyrim too - and he LOVES Orc!!   (  :lol:  )

On this site - JazzJR  did some amazing custom skeletons for Khajiit;  he may know something about if they cause CTD or not.  

Also, if the custom skeleton turns out to be the issue:   It might be possible to use an existing vanilla skeleton for them;  like Mr_Siika  did with his "Farm Animals" mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/14265

He used Daedra skeletons for the chickens;  sheep skeletons for the  pigs, etc  -  but he also made a donkey with a custom skeleton; so may have some experience in it.

If only their deaths is the problem, is it possible you have to give the game an example of what a dead Warg should look like?  Or possibly set them as essential always?

• Upvote 1

im pretty sure its not the skeleton, i made a custom one after a manual, followed it by the letter, and if it would be the reason you couldnt mount / ride / unmount them... at least i would be very surprise if thered be anything wrong with them. anyhow, every idea counts, so ill look into it :)

thx for the hints, will go for the next round this weekend latest ;)

Edited by Ragna_Rok

Somewhere in the files I remember seeing examples of dead creatures, as if the game needed an example of what to show in game.  Maybe you could try using the dead wolf avatar for the dead Warg just to see if it resolves the CTD issue;  if nothing else just to eliminate that as a possibility of being the issue.

Sorry, this site is still not letting me use the Shoutbox on this account (still waiting for a response on rescuing my original account - DarkRider HELP Please !!!)  - And every post has to be approved by a Mod prior to it posting too.  (Or I would have answered your shout).

Ghastley went through a lot of starts and stops with his ride-able bears, and he is an amazing genius at modding -  I'm sure he'd have an idea what is causing the problem.

• Upvote 1

no worries, i needed a break from modding recently, i will find out tomorrow / today where the problem was. got your infos and a paper with some ideas, hopefully one will be the culprit.

thx again :)

Good Luck with finding the issue!

• Upvote 1