DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hello everyone.

Zole

Hello!

I understand I am quite late to the party, but hope I can be a part of it all the same. I've been playing TES since Morrowind was released alongside a graphics card my dad purchased for his new PC around 2002. The series has since ruined both my childhood & adulthood. Morrowind was quite a daunting experience for a 12 year old, but it blew me away all the same. Seeing that water for the first time, shouting for my dad, who'd just spent hours installing it for me, to come see how amazing it was.

Now it's more than a game, it's something I cherish. That makes it more than the amazing work of art and technical wizardry that it already is, it makes it mine.
Something to be celebrated then and I'd like to do that alongside you all.

I've been hugely interested in modding since I was first told about it half way through my love affair with Morrowind. Though I am slightly ashamed to admit it only came to the point it is now because of the Steam Workshop, not being hugely computer savvy it made managing mods easy, (or so I thought). Now I'm mainly using Nexus and want to see what this site has to offer.

Thanks and sorry for waffling on. :wave:

Edited by Zole
  • Upvote 3

Hi Zole. Not entirely sure why your post needed approval in the introductions forum...... but, in any event, Welcome to TESA! :D

What game do you want to start modding? Morrowind and Oblivion are *relatively* easier to learn than Skyrim..... Check out the various forums in the Enclave for tutorials, and other things to help you on your way. :)

• Upvote 3

Hi Zole. Not entirely sure why your post needed approval in the introductions forum...... but, in any event, Welcome to TESA! :D

What game do you want to start modding? Morrowind and Oblivion are *relatively* easier to learn than Skyrim..... Check out the various forums in the Enclave for tutorials, and other things to help you on your way. :)

I wasn't quite sure either; I didn't read it in the rules.

Well, since starting to franchise I've attempted to mod all of the games, but the tutorials that I followed weren't really very comprehensive and every time it ended in failure. Funnily enough, I've pretty much just finished Lesson #1 in the modding Skyrim tutorial that's been posted here. It's exactly what I need, very simple step by step instructions! I'm looking forward to doing the rest tomorrow too.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

• Upvote 2

Hello and welcome Zole... MW also holds a place in my heart. I fond it the easiest to mod ( not that I`ve done anything of note) but... you`re in the right place. TESA was founded as primarily a fan teaching site way back when. I wish you well in your travels and hope to see you around. :P

• Upvote 2

Hello!

I understand I am quite late to the party, but hope I can be a part of it all the same. I've been playing TES since Morrowind was released alongside a graphics card my dad purchased for his new PC around 2002...

That's exactly how I found Morrowind. :D  Bought the video card for my rig around 2002, got the disc, no manual, no fanfare. Plunked it in on a whim. I was hooked from the first sound of Jiub's voice. :wub:

Welcome! Better late than never. :cookie4u: :cookie4u: :cookie4u:

• Upvote 2

hello :)

*sigh* ... morrowind... same over here. i also used the game to learn english.it seemed a lot more intense in english than in german, most likely they fudged up the translation a little, happened a lot around that time.

and no worries, i for myself love waffles ;)

welcome to tesa, and have some fun :)

:cookie4u:

Edited by Ragna_Rok
  • Upvote 3