DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Set Form ID bashing entry in Form ID map? Form Basher type Land_ID?

mALX

I posted this in the general questions, meant to post it here:

Error Warnings:

Set Form ID bashing entry in Form ID map? Form basher type Land_ID?

Next thing I know the land where my house used to sit is everywhere - covering everything -  and my house is completely gone, even from the Cell Items list.

If I close out and reload up the mod - when the mod first loads up the house is there if you exit an interior cell via a door to reach it;  but it is floating in the void as if it were in an interor cell.  

If you go to that exterior cell any way except via a door from the interior (example: if you click on it in the cell view window) - the house is gone;  the house static is not even in the list of items for that cell, it is gone.    

This is the second time this has happened in this particular cell; both times when I was working on the exterior NavMesh.     The first time was when I first started making this mod,  long before I merged the two ESP's  (so I know this issue isn't merge related; but may possibly be cell related or navmesh related).  

Anyone know what is causing that or how to fix it? It loaded a bunch of land onto my mod that wasn't there before  (seen in both the mod details before opening the mod up in the CK; and in the TESVEdit).    

Oh, and doing a regular mod cleaning via TES5Edit did NOT fix the issue; the CK kept crashing with that esp, I had to throw it out and start over.  

HELP  !!!!!!    Please?      

:(     

Edited by mALX

I'm assuming your seeing this error warning in the CK?

What kind of land edits did you make in your mod? What do you mean you merged two esp's?

Check your Skyrim\Backup folder and see if you have an esp from before any merging. Load it up. Does it still give that error?

I'm assuming your seeing this error warning in the CK?

What kind of land edits did you make in your mod? What do you mean you merged two esp's?

Check your Skyrim\Backup folder and see if you have an esp from before any merging. Load it up. Does it still give that error?

Before I merged the ESP's, I was nav-meshing the exterior on my original ESP and this same exact thing happened  = everything exactly the same, from the error warnings to the land mass plunked down where the house used to sit (and the house gone).  I had to throw out that ESP and start over on a back-up ESP I had made before beginning nav-meshing the exterior (thanks to Aussie500 for the advice to back it up).  

Well,  after that happened I was worried about putting a lot of work into an ESP and losing it all over something like that happening, so I decided to do the interior of the house on a separate ESP than the exterior.  

The reason I did that was that in Oblivion you could easily merge two ESP's; so you had a way to start fresh if some catastrophe happened (without losing a ton of work).     

After I had done quite a bit of work on both ESP's, I discovered that the CK does not allow the merging of mods, for some reason.   So - I had my mod on two ESP's, and no way to combine them.    It took me over a month of trying everything to finally get them merged.   I finally got the two ESP's merged into one ESP this past week.  

So, the mod was all done except nav-meshing the two exterior cells.    I started nav-meshing the same cell that had this happen back when I first started, and it happened again, exactly the same warnings and land covering everything/burying the house site and poof - the house is gone from the "Cell View" list of cell items, and is no where on the render screen.   Exact same thing happened as it did before I merged the two mods and tried nav-meshing that cell.  

So whatever is wrong, it has to be an issue with something to do with the nav-meshing, or that particular cell.  It isn't a problem with the merge since it happened long before a merge was even needed or thought of.   

I am VERY nav-mesh challenged, really need help with doing the exterior nav-mesh on this mod.  I'll take the hit on my grade if someone can help me with the exterior nav-mesh -  I  just don't want to upload a mod with nav-mesh errors that will ruin all that hard work I did by making it unplayable.  

I installed an old save of the merged ESP and am catching it back up to the "pre-nav-mesh fiasco" state  -  but when I get it all ready except the nav-mesh, I'm still going to have to fix the exterior nav mesh;  so hoped someone could tell me what I was doing wrong to cause this happening;  or if someone with experience can help me with the nav -mesh I will gladly admit getting help to DarkRider and take whatever deductions he makes off my grade - just so the mod is playable.  Otherwise these months of work on it and all the re-do-overs would be all for nothing - I don't want that at all.  

Can anyone help me with this?  Either tell me what is causing this so I can stop doing whatever wrong - or help me with the nav mesh ... please?