DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tavern Tales: Come on in and have a drink! Part I

grond

Nice stuff there, Angel! We might need a trophy smiley. I forgot - what's UCR? :swear:

My landmass is going through its 7th incarnation.

Here's an old map of its details. It's now called Hew's Bane on more current maps, and its shape has been changed a bit.

HBane.jpg

Here's the latest look:

HewsBane.jpg

My 6th try made it half the size of Hammerfell:

HewsBaneCellGrid.jpg

My latest try - the circles on both maps indicate cell 0, 0:

HewsBaneNew.jpg

Work will soon slow down because I start a job on Monday. But that means I'll be able to buy good stuff from the Alliance Store. :clap:

And Now...

Rihanna's nice, but..

The woman who combines cute and sexy better than any woman I've ever seen --->

Beyonce-Knowles-sb01.jpg

O my.

Time for bb_Guiness.gif

Oh sheesh, very nice pic there at the end Grond *high fives*

The worldbuilding is going well i see, good job!

And, err, damn, did i just release screenshots of UCR? *slaps self*

it's my current project, which will feature a new city. I just started the project a day or two back. And in lack of imagination i decided to try building a district, and there you have it :swear:

Hello! :eyeroll:

Wow, away for a little while and this forum exploded that's for sure!!! How is everyone?!

*looks around at the shabby state of things* I guess we can tell Grond hasn't been around as much, the mess is catching up! Not to worry, I think I can run the auto-cleany thing!

*fiddles with the auto-cleany thing* Oh, maybe not, this thingy looks really technical, maybe I'll just have a long island ice tea and wait for Grond to run it.

*makes a long island ice tea and sits down at the bar* So, what has everyone been up to? Besides posting pictures of...*clears her throat*...ladies in the tavern?:)

*Walks up to the bar and sits down next to Lady* :) We've missed you!

*Grabs a drink from behind the bar* :OJ: Good stuff, especially when you just got out of bed! *yawns*

What have i been up to? Hmmm... Hmmm... Well, dancing has been on the top of the list, you may have noticed *points upwards in the topic* and.... That's what i'm gonna keep doing, hooray!

:eyeroll:

• 1 month later...

A slight breeze is felt by a few patrons sitting near the door, but when they look to see who just came in, there is nobody there.

Then, screams are heard from the street, the sound of soldiers feet can be heard quickly clanking on the cobblestones outside the tavern as they very quickly pass by, possibly in pursuit of some petty thief. But soon, there are more guards heard, pounding on doors and demanding a search of the premises.

Then, four guards burst open the tavern door. Quickly looking around the tavern at all the faces. Two other guards are positioned outside the door to prevent anybody leaving the party early. They demand, in winded voices, if the notorious assassin Willie Sea is in the tavern. The patrons look blankly at the guards as they search the tavern for the famed and much regarded (in certain circles) assassin.

After a complete search of the place, they withdraw back onto the dark, foggy streets to continue their search. The patrons then begin the task of cleaning up the mess the guards made in their futile attempt to find the criminal. What crime has the assassin commited this time to have warrented such a reaction from the city guard? Where could he have gone? Who is he?

Feeling cold because the door is still open, Darkrider closes the door to the tavern, and stares straight into the face of a black clad assassin who was hiding behnd the door! A smile creases the assassins face, he pounds on Darkriders back and declaims, "Barkeep! A round of drinks for my very good friends!".

The assassin then throws a bag of gold septims onto the counter and takes a mug down from the shelf above the bar. With the mug under the spigot, he pulls a frothy draft of the taverns world famous Root Beer and proposes a toast to those assembled in the tavern. "To TES Alliance, may it grow and prosper as its members learn from each other the intricacies of Modding Oblivion!". A chorus of Harrahs erupt from the crowd! It looks to be a fine evening for all in attendance... :)

I don't know what the big deal with being in the dukes daughters room was. The guards had looked in on the room just as I was liberating some articles of clothing, so I dove out the tower window and took the quick route out of the keep. :)

I have to stay sharp and on my toes tonight, so its just root beer for me! Another round and another sack of coins for the barkeep! And we will see what tomorrow brings!

Anyway, glad to be here. I will look around for a while to see whats up.

Thanks for the welcome.

A tall, young woman, flame of hair and eyes like wet moss on a cloudy day slides into the tavern. Unnoticed, as she wishes for the moment, she makes her way behind Darkrider. With the deft skill of the consummate thief, she lifts a few septims from his purse. Slapping him on the back, she tosses the coins to the barkeep.

"Poor me a Root Beer and one for my friend here!" Heads turn and she gives Darkrider a mischievous wink. "I'm the Guru and pleased to stand you to a drink. To what shall we sing?"

• Love This 1

The assassin, unseen in plain sight, carefully appraised the new-comer to the tavern. Tall and lean, with flaming hair and emerald eyes. With an eye for details, the assassin caught the deft movement of her hands as she freed some gold from one of the patrons. The patron, Darkrider, checked his purse with a puzzled look on his face, seeming to count the contents in his mind, and comming up short.

Suddenly, an extremely loud belch comes from the corner table. Everyone looks to see a red faced assassin cover his mouth and say "Excuse Me! The root beer is certainly fizzy tonight...". A few of the males congratulate the assassin on the depth of volume he achieved at his previous exclamation.

The assassin decides its a good night for company and orders another round of the same and welcomes the new patrons...

"To the future of the Alliance it is! May we be prosperous and our Allies never to light of coin!" With a hearty laugh she takes the seat beside Darkrider, raises her mug to the assassin across the room in thanks for the diversion and drinks deeply, satisfied smile on her face.

"Anyone up for a game of chance?" She asks with a smirk. As Darkrider and the assassin study her face, they realise she's always smirking, a curious quirk caused by her barely noticeable crooked jaw. Darkrider thinks a person could go mad wondering when she's serious.

He steps lightly into the tavern with a wide grin.

"Ah, how lively it has gotten here." He announces staring out into the crowded tavern.

His eyes traced over the bar table and he strides over to it with meaning, a broad grin plastered on his face. He slams a few Septims onto the tabletop.

"Root beer for me too, the finest if you will." He tells the barkeep, smiling.

He raises a mug he takes from the barkeep at WhoGuru, his contagious smile still present on his face as he gives her a curt nod.

"Aye, I fine night to spend a few coins here and there. Spread your wealth. A trusting face? I suppose not." He replies with a mischievous smile.

WhoGuru laughs and shakes her head. "Sometimes I can not restrain myself, the urge to ply one's trade is simply too great!" She signals the barkeep for another round, this time dipping into her own purse. "To show no hard feelings. How about a song?" She ***** her head at the bar and nods as they cheer. "Not so long ago, I stumbled into a gate to Oblivion, no friendly place I can tell you. Heat and fire and all manner of hell spawned creatures. I, in search of liberating whatever wealth may have resided there, stumbled upon a Knight...well, he was dressed as a Knight. His manner was more that of the pampered fop. Boundless windbag with delusions of grandeur." She paused for the laughter. "And who was this, you ask? Why none other than the son of the Count of Cheydinhal!" More hoots and hollers answered, punctuated by the pounding of mugs on the tables.

"And now, for a song I wrote in his honor. I call it 'Ode to Farwil'

What wandering knight was this I saw

lost in Oblivion's heart

In armor bright and gleaming new

he looked the hero's part

When Daedra saw he on the bridge

with a mighty cry he charged

his sword held high in victory

into the lava he barged

In shock I watched, he fell and burned

what kind of Knight is this?

with a muttered oath I to reload

this useless sack of piss.

It couldn't happen twice says I

no Knight could be that lame.

how wrong was I when once again

he dove into the flames.

On try the third, my patience gone

'Brave' Farwil tried again

This time led to the bridges edge

and shoved off to meet his end.

With teary eyes and sorrow great

to tell the Count his fate

The sad news I delivered him

the urge to smile was great.

If you should find this useless turd

wandering in a gate

take my advice and leave him there

or help him meet his fate.

He laughs heartily as the song comes to an end and soon after the entire tavern began to sing it over again, their mugs clashing with table tops and the spray of drink splashing on all sorts of surfaces. He joins in, even though he sang horribly, with a raise of his mug and a wild grin.