DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Add AIPackage via script?

iWilliBlecha

Well thanks, but I actually don't need it, I was just curious ;)

Like if it is possible that if an NPC (na matter who) enters an area when gets the package and when he leaves it, the script will remove it again. But as said, I was just curious about it! Like the stuff you think about in the shower (I actually got the idea there)

I will research this myself and if I find something myself, I will let you know! And again, thanks for your help! 

Well thanks, but I actually don't need it, I was just curious ;)

Like if it is possible that if an NPC (na matter who) enters an area when gets the package and when he leaves it, the script will remove it again. But as said, I was just curious about it! Like the stuff you think about in the shower (I actually got the idea there)

I will research this myself and if I find something myself, I will let you know! And again, thanks for your help! 

Couldn't you just use a trigger box for this?  Like the trigger box in the entry room of NPC homes that causes their clothing to change from work clothes to relaxed wear on entering the home or bed  (and back to work clothes when they exit the home or bed)?

If the trigger box acts as an invisible activator,  then the only script you would need would be like a simple "on activate"  (Er, that is how it worked in Oblivion, to be honest I don't know if it is the same in Skyrim).    

In Oblivion I took the "Hello World" script and used it to add a triggered function instead of a message box;  so when a player walked into a bar  it would trigger crowd noises and a bard to play;  walking within a radius of the church would activate the bells to ring or a Gregorian chanting at given times;  walking into the bedroom would trigger a dog barking in the distance, etc.  (and all these would trigger off by the player leaving the trigger zone)

It was a very small light script that didn't bog down the game because it was only activated by the player triggering it. 

WillieSea or Insanity Sorrow are scripting geniuses, they would know.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm leaning towards what @jac was saying.

I could change / remove factions via dialogue, lever, trigger.  I did have to tell the trigger and the lever what

npc was going to be effected.  This was done in a quest.

Since you are speaking of random actors, you would have to have an alias ready to

be 'filled' when the trigger sets off.  The trigger would detect the closest actor and

'fill' the alias.