DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Delicious Fresh Meat

Crackomint

Hello, hello! I'm Cracko! A new bit of fresh meat to be welcomed or hazed or shoved into a locker, whichever you prefer.

I'm not a total newbie to The Elder Scrolls or mods, but compared to the modding old guard I've seen on this site and others like The Nexus, I am but a wee babe. In October 2011 I saw the trailer for Skyrim and thought it looked pretty neat-o, so I decided to purchase Oblivion; it was cheap and I wanted to see if this whole open-world RPG thing was for me before I invested in the shiny new $60 game. The series has captivated me ever since. :biggrin:

Recently my venerable old laptop's hard drive failed and I lost practically everything, including my TES-related installations and files. Now with a new, better and beefier computer (and a newly-implemented careful backup system), I've resolved to begin my Elder Scrolls journey anew.

My goals for this grand rebirth are to actually participate and interact with the community surrounding these games beyond silently downloading a few mods; from what I've seen you're lovely people and at the very least I'd better be able to express my gratitude for the wealth of content you've created for the games I enjoy. I'd also like to try my hand at actually making mods at some point- it looks like this site in particular has a great amount of useful information in that regard!

At the moment I'm focusing on Oblivion, my first love- and in spite of its flaws the game I'm most often drawn back to. I'm stockpiling a hoard of mods like some demented digital dragon, and I do want to get at least a short vanilla playthrough in before I abuse my poor install again, so not much exciting stuff planned for the very near future. I'll probably get going in Skyrim again eventually too; my inner graphics obsessive would like to have a go at making that game look really pretty. One day I intend to give Morrowind a good shake- which will likely be a comedy of errors. My first and last experience with the game was stumbling through Seyda Neen with a friend and having our weak Millenial minds rattled by the retro graphics and mechanics. Truly terrifying.

So that's my story! Apologies if it's a bit of a wall o' text. I'm very glad to be here on TES Alliance and I do hope to make some friends. Great conversation starters are links to interesting or obscure Elder Scrolls content; I love finding blogs and writings and mods and videos I haven't seen before. It's like an archaeological dig, only less kneeling in the dirt and grubbing up your clothes. :wink:
  • Upvote 3

Thanks to the three of you for the welcome! I hope I don't get too addicted to the cookies- that'd be bad for the figure!

Sooner or later I will have to avail myself of the tutorials, definitely. Just from skimming a few they look very well put-together! A fansite that really tries to share knowledge and foster new modders is such an awesome thing to me. I've definitely seen communities for other games where it feels like modding and technical knowledge are closely-guarded secrets meant only for a privileged few... :dry: I'm glad I found TES Alliance. :bow: