DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[OBL] Disabled Marker Ref Issue in TESIV:Oblivion

KWITS

Good Day,

I have a strange technical glitch in Oblivion that I encounter once every 6 months or so while modding. The problem is this observed during game play. All marker references are disabled throughout the game world. The only fix for this was to acquire an earlier version of my main mod script and then copy / paste it into the problematic script. Has anyone ever observed this technical issue? I would like what call I am making in my script that CSE is not catching that ultimately leads to this failure.

Cheers,

KWITS

Developer of "Word and Void" Mod for TESIV:Oblivion

I think my problem is even though I saved a previous game file under OBSE v00021, it no longer loads when I play that saved file. I get an error when I load any game now. Within my main game script, I have a check to discover the OBSE version before performing any other action.

Suggestion: If you have a version of your script before the problem, and another after it entered the source code, export the two versions as text files, then run them through the "diff" utility on a Linux or Mac system (or in Windows if you have Cygwin). If you don't have access to a system with "diff", hit me up with a PM and I'll run the util for you if you send me the files.

Good Day,

I finally resolved my, disabled Marker Reference issue under my Oblivion Module extension.  I am not sure of which of the below steps was the deciding factor but here they are:

1) Clean up syntax with my main Mod script using CSE -> This was simply a best practice in coding a script!

2) Re-install OBSE v0021 -> This probably caused OBSE to load during each saved game!

3) Recompile all Mod scripts under CSE -> This was probably the final resolution!

Cheers,

KWITS

• 4 weeks later...