DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Error 37 On Save

ashleyclark

Okay. So I have mod that I am working on in the ck, I save it often, and occasionally  make a copy to a separate file, just in case. Then I work on the mod in the ck, and save it, and go to upload it so that the mod updates, and after about 4 or 5 minutes I get a message that says something like Steam error 37 failed to upload, and cannot upload it, or update it. I can go into the ck, I can work on, change it, delete stuff, add stuff, save it, but cannot upload it for this error 37. What is causing this?? I have wiped the pc down to factory mode, re-installed everything, and still I get an error 37.

Also, I can load the mod up on the laptop, and do the coc thing, and see things that are changed, even though I cannot upload the mod to update it. I do the coc thing on the pc, and the mod does not change, or some of it will change, and other stuff gets messed up.

The mod may not be corrupted, but there sure is a gremlin in it !! lol  So what causes this?? Is there some error or something I did??

Edited by ashleyclark

I'm interested in the answer to this too, although not the uploading part - the gremlins part.  

I did a little bit of redecorating (in the CK) on the Riften Player house just for my own personal enjoyment of it.   Everything looks perfect till I get in game, then the vanilla player house items I moved keep re-spawning  in their original spots.  I have clicked both "do not havoc settle,"  and un-clicked  the respawn on the offending items,  but they continue to respawn in their original xyz positions.  

The statics I moved have stayed moved, it is only the havoc/potion and misc items that are continuing to spawn in their old positions.  

I've been afraid to delete these items due to Skyrim's issues with deleting vanilla placed objects, but what do I do to make them stay in the new place I have moved them to?    Someone on the internet suggested deleting the X they are attached to which would remove that script;  but  if I shouldn't delete a little cup or piece of salmon, then wouldn't deleting that script be worse?   

Gaaaah,  Skyrim is so frustrating!   Help!  (Please?)

I'm interested in the answer to this too, although not the uploading part - the gremlins part.  

I did a little bit of redecorating (in the CK) on the Riften Player house just for my own personal enjoyment of it.   Everything looks perfect till I get in game, then the vanilla player house items I moved keep re-spawning  in their original spots.  I have clicked both "do not havoc settle,"  and un-clicked  the respawn on the offending items,  but they continue to respawn in their original xyz positions.  

The statics I moved have stayed moved, it is only the havoc/potion and misc items that are continuing to spawn in their old positions.  

I've been afraid to delete these items due to Skyrim's issues with deleting vanilla placed objects, but what do I do to make them stay in the new place I have moved them to?    Someone on the internet suggested deleting the X they are attached to which would remove that script;  but  if I shouldn't delete a little cup or piece of salmon, then wouldn't deleting that script be worse?   

Gaaaah,  Skyrim is so frustrating!   Help!  (Please?)

I try to tell people there are gremlins in these files and no one believes. Like with my mod. I took the snow off of the mage statues. On the pc, in game, the snow is gone. On the laptop, in game, the snow is still there, and the funny part about it is I cannot upload to steam for updating the mod because of this error 37. On top of that, things in the mod keep changing. One can do something, save it, close out of the ck, go have supper, come back and what you did in the ck is fine, but something else is wrong and has changed.

And it is just this mod. I tried starting another one, and it is fine, and I can upload it to steam to update it with no problem.

Gremlins !!

I try to tell people there are gremlins in these files and no one believes. ...

Hi,

Could you upload your esp somewhere, so that I can load it in the ck and see if I also get this "error 37" thing. Maybe there's something to clean in it that you aren't aware of too. What do your think? :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

• 3 weeks later...

Probably I misunderstood the problem and i know nothing about the error codes, but pretty sure steam still has a size limit for their house mods, 100mb. It will not let you upload one bigger than that. So if your update makes the mod go over that limit, you cannot update it.

Would that be the problem with the updating?

Edited by aussie500