Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glenchild

Looking for Collaboration/Help with Meshes, Textures for Orc Stronghold

Alright, I'm unsure where to post this, so we will start here.

The short version:

I've just undertaken a large project: I want to create a build-your-own, somewhat customizable, orc stronghold mod. I'm getting a handle on the Creation Kit aspects - the world building, the npc creation, the scripting - but I'm getting frustrated with how little there is in the way of orc architecture.

So.

I would like to create new orc architectural resources. Or, preferably, collaborate with someone who already knows how to edit meshes and textures for Skyrim. Right now, I think it might be possible to simply edit/recombine existing game elements to create new pieces.

Some ideas:

Log building shells and interiors, created from the stockade assets already in-game. Perhaps Insanity would allow tweaking/retexturing of their existing log building resource? Possibly combining the Hearthfires house towers with the orc longhouse. Tweaking existing ship/shack/stockade assets to make shells and interiors. Editing (with permission, of course), this lovely modders resource to better suite my needs. I've considered this building kit, as well, but it doesn't feel particularly orcish (especially the thatch roofs).

Any takers?

I may not have the skills needed to help you they way you ask for here, but I may can tell you that asking some of the people who work on Beyond Skyrim could be a good idea! I am not up to date on the progress of Wrothgarian and Dragonteil (both is in High Rock, if I remember it right) or of they even work on it, but if they do maybe someone has already created a few meshes you could use! 

Just ask around ;)