DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Pyrrha Nikos Armor

Horkerkiiin

• 3 months later...

Boom.

And despite me dissapearing for months, im back. Due to education and work ive had almost no time to work on this at all. but Im determined to now squeeze in time to do this. Ive been reading up on guides and anything I can see and Ive learned some awesome things so hopefully I can make this armor awesome, even if most people are done playing Skyrim I still want to do it, I also think I solved my issue I had trying to rig it as well but not sure yet.

Hana, Ive been reading your guide, still trying to understand Skin partitions etc in nifskope XD

• 2 months later...

So today was my first attempt to get this ingame.

This was the result

http://i.imgur.com/407X0H8.jpg

I raged. I cried. I raged some more. Technically its in-game... there is just something wrong with the textures... gotta get the positives right XD

Even the character is un-impressed...

Never the less, I will try again tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Ok, so, a couple of things to check..

1. Double check your skin partitions, make sure they're set to Skyrim values.

2. Double check your ArmorAddon records, make sure you selected the same partitions as your mesh has.

3. Double check all your BSShader properties. Sometimes a stray value that's not needed can cause this invisibility.

10 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

Ok, so, a couple of things to check..

1. Double check your skin partitions, make sure they're set to Skyrim values.

2. Double check your ArmorAddon records, make sure you selected the same partitions as your mesh has.

3. Double check all your BSShader properties. Sometimes a stray value that's not needed can cause this invisibility.

Thanks for responding! Il make sure to try and check these things next time through

Im thinking however my issues might go a little further back, more specifically when applying weights and such in blender which is then causing further issues when I get to nifskope, ATM im just trying to get the chest piece in game (I have the rest of the mesh done, but before I tackled the whole thing I thought I would just try to get one piece in game first) as mentioned before Im using this guide http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_1 at the minute Im just copying the weights from the body (planned to make adjustments from there after seeing it in game) which is fine, I did that ok but when it talks about fixing the dismemberment weights it mentions that I should have BP_TORSO and I dont have it and im unsure if I can just add it like it says with BP_LEFTLEG and BP_RIGHTARM and assign the verts? the only vertex groups it gives me are in the attached image, I foolishly assumed that perhaps because of changes BP_TORSO had been replaced with NPC Spine/1/2. I dont know if you have any answers to this one XD.

I think I should take it one problem at a time, because I had issues in Nifskope as well but figured I should at least sort this one out first. Im going to go back and re read again (for about the 10th time lol) your guide about skin partitions.

Thanks for the help though I really appreciate it!

Untitled.png

Edited by Horkerkiiin

1 hour ago, Hanaisse said:

Yes, add your BP_TORSO partition in Blender, that will equate to SBP_32_BODY in Nifskope and the CK.

I had hoped I was explaining skin partitions in a logical way in my tutorial. If something isn't making sense to you, please ask. :)

Your guide is great! its just all this is so new to me so it takes me a while to wrap my head around it is all!

I also have a feeling that im using a new version of Nifskope to the one from the guide because there are some diffrences, but I'll let you know about that when I get there (My issue was that things that where supposed to be there wern't and the way certain things where meant to be happening again, wern't)

In terms of BP_TORSO I can add that to the vertex groups, Il just do as the guide says for the other parts instead, would I want to have all verts of the chest piece fully weighted to BP_TORSO? like the attached image? 

BP_Torso.png

and after adding I know have my vertex groups like this

56db3c44745bb_VertexGroups.png.89419b6c2

am I missing any? (Except BP_LEFTLEG and BP_RIGHT arm because I assume this chest piece wont belong to them)

Thanks Hana!

Edited by Horkerkiiin

That is correct so far. Since the chest piece does not touch the forearms or the calves area it will all be put under BP_TORSO (or SBP_32_Body).

I probably did write the tutorial on an older version of Nifskope (1.1.3 I think) and it's gone through some major upgrades since then, but the layout is still the same. Just let me know if/when you have questions!

:)

EVERYONE WHO IS PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS I DID A THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLIBdO.jpg

ITS IN GAME! YES THE TEXTURE IS REALLY ****ty AND I DONT HAVE A BODY BUT MY ARMOR IS.IN.GAME.

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Ok. The work is far from over however, I need to work out why I dont have a body, but I have an idea as to why. That texture is just a place holder texture to make sure I could get it working in game. Now I have the rest of the armor to get in game, once thats done and its all working in game I will get the proper textures done. Then I have a matching Sword and Shield to make.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me thus far but I hazard a guess I will need more help at some point haha.

Last two notes, damn that specular needs toning down, I head Skyrims engine brightened things but damn. Also, best Rayman cosplay - Ever.

• Upvote 1

Well. It took me all day but with help from Hana, I got it in game, with a body and its all weighted correctly. There is some mesh revisions to make and weights under the arms need to be fixed (I guessed if any weights would be an issue it would be these) as the under arm part stretches with the arm slightly as it moves.

l1n6U27.png

Will take a crack at getting the full set in tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

Yup Horkerkiin, congrats. :coolup:  It`s so good to see someone who doesn`t just get frustrated and quit. I`ve got confidence in your perseverance and tenacity. What you are taking the time and trouble now to learn will serve you well in the future.  :cookie4u: 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, donnato said:

Yup Horkerkiin, congrats. :coolup:  It`s so good to see someone who doesn`t just get frustrated and quit. I`ve got confidence in your perseverance and tenacity. What you are taking the time and trouble now to learn will serve you well in the future.  :cookie4u: 

Thanks! I actually got it fixed yesterday so there was no clipping! There was some minor stretching just under the arms but after checking the weights nothing is amiss so I think that is just how that part of the body stretches when jumping, it's very minor though so it would probably not be noticed. I have a couple of things I'd like to do for fallout 4 and as it's still the creation engine I'm hoping what I learn here will help there too. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I question if Il ever finish this. Not because of laziness or unwillingness to do it, no. Im just such a freaking perfectionist. Despite the fact I know this is my first time doing this and I should expect it to be crap because of my in-experiance, I still want it to be perfect.

Ive just re modeled the entire chest piece because I was unhappy with how some of it was sitting, Im now re rigging/uv mapping and texturing this and trying to get it in game again. Granted this was of some benefit because 1 I think it looks better and 2 Ive saved on polys. But Im my own worst enemy, hell I want to re do the shin parts and the knee pads because ive realized they should be attached whereas Ive got them as two separate parts, I also really want to re do the sash because im un happy with that, but every time I try its no good hanging cloth like that is a bitch to get right.

But I will persevere. I just need to try and find a ground I can be happy with and understand it wont be perfect.

Edited by Horkerkiiin

I'm the same way, so I say:  Don't do what I do, do what I say, and I say:  get something into the game! :lmao:  Then go ahead and remake it to your heart's content. If you "finish" the version you have now, name it "version .01" then remake remake remake. 

On the other hand, I don't think I'd listen to me, so get it perfect! :lmao:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, grond said:

I'm the same way, so I say:  Don't do what I do, do what I say, and I say:  get something into the game! :lmao:  Then go ahead and remake it to your heart's content. If you "finish" the version you have now, name it "version .01" then remake remake remake. 

On the other hand, I don't think I'd listen to me, so get it perfect! :lmao:

Will do my best to get it as near perfect as I can.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, grond said:

Don't despair! If it's not rewarding it's not worth doing. Keep at it. You'll be a master of Blender when you're finished. :dance:

Haha, probably far from a master but definitely better than I was a year ago when I started this.

8 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

Just gonna toss this comment in here ... strive for learning, not perfection. ;)

Honestly, it takes years to perfect modeling. Keep practicing and keep having fun with what you do. Focusing on perfection is neither of those things.

Despite the frustrations and how annoyed I get with myself when I don't get it right I still enjoy it! But I totally understand what your saying. Its my biggest problem as a person I think, I'm just never happy with what I do and always think it can be better no matter how new or experienced I am in something. But learning this and doing what I have done has been so much fun, and when I eventually become more competent I hope to do more mods!

My next post WILL be of an update of most of if not all the set in game with placeholder textures which should be sometime this week.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Horkerkiiin said:

...Its my biggest problem as a person I think, I'm just never happy with what I do and always think it can be better no matter how new or experienced I am in something...

It's that "problem" that drives artists to great works, and - sometimes - to drink. :pubsong: 

Can't wait to see pics!

12 hours ago, grond said:

It's that "problem" that drives artists to great works, and - sometimes - to drink. :pubsong: 

Can't wait to see pics!

Hopefully my great works will be doubled then, because I dont drink XD

Finished with my reform of the chest I think... still contemplating trying to re do those legs - Wouldnt be a problem if I could join the verts of the two seperate meshes but blender dosnt want to play ball in that regard.

1 hour ago, grond said:

If I read that right, all you need to do is join the objects in object mode first. Select one then shift select the other, then CTRL-J makes them one object, and in edit mode you can merge anything you want to. :thumbup:

Yea the knee pad and shin are joined but it wont join verts for me. Il try again, maybe blender was just being temperamental last time (Which is no surprise haha)