DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Pyrrha Nikos Armor

Horkerkiiin

• 1 month later...

I hate seams. HATE.  :) You're supposed to put them where the model has 90 degree edges, and then you get to massage out the inevitable UV stretching.

But I'd do texture painting to cover the seams instead of fretting over stretching. You'll use the new 2.7x Blender, but only to get the new texture to add to your existing one. Import a copy of the model into 2.7x and paint away. :) 

Here's a wee google search I just did for painting out seams - because I forgot the steps :lmao:  

Hope it helps!

• Upvote 1

That thread Grond posted has good info on what you need. It's the specular map that's stored in the alpha channel of the normal map that controls the shininess.

For meshes with metal bits you may also need an environment map . This is used for reflections and makes the metal bits look more realistic. Some good examples of this in use are the the heavy armors, like Steel Plate (nordplate) or the pauldrons on the Dawnguard armor.

Also, when you're editing your mesh in Nifskope, pay special attention to the settings in BSLightingShaderProperty, because they also have an influence on both specular and environmental lighting.

Edited by RabidGears

So little progress update, here is what my final *pending* shield will look like. Hopefully it looks like metal and not just cell shaded, I tried my best. Normally I'd sit here and tell myself its not good enough and do more, but as this is my first mod I've finally come to the realization that if I keep doing that I will never finish. Ever. So im trying to be a bit more happy with my work than thinking it bad.

Last thing I have to do on the shield is make an Enviroment map for that sexy world type reflection stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/R9tOuYs.jpg

Edited by Horkerkiiin

Looks nice :pints: but do you want a yellow shield? Your avatar suggests that her shield is the same color as her corslet, a burnt orange...but again, if you want yellow, that's your choice, and it looks good.

Also you could 'ding' up and dirty it a bit - light grunge around the edges, on an overlay layer - unless you're going for the new look, which, if you are, is very nice.

Overall, great job! That thing you wrote about ending it or never finishing it is something I never learned. :D

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, grond said:

Looks nice :pints: but do you want a yellow shield? Your avatar suggests that her shield is the same color as her corslet, a burnt orange...but again, if you want yellow, that's your choice, and it looks good.

Also you could 'ding' up and dirty it a bit - light grunge around the edges, on an overlay layer - unless you're going for the new look, which, if you are, is very nice.

Overall, great job! That thing you wrote about ending it or never finishing it is something I never learned. :D

The Shield is actually a yellowy/gold/bronzey type color like the image below,  My avatar is from a particular scene where the lighting makes it look darker

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uwd_d65OaUc/Vh2Y2T4LKWI/AAAAAAAAwO8/i_c5AL-hkQY/w800-h800/MiloandAkouo.png

My intention was for a more clean look as opposed to used look.

But glad you think it looks good!

• Upvote 1

Some more texturing done. Might make some amendments from here on these bits but this is how the final is looking at being. Bits that a currently *tentatively* done are the Boots, Leg armor, Shield and the skirt/sash. Im really hoping they look better than just being cell shaded, im very new to playing around with programs like GIMP so It could just still look cell shaded to people.

Im actually really hoping to have this released at some point this weekend which for me is Sunday or Monday.

Hopefully my environment maps arn't too strong, it might need toning down a bit on shield but it just looks so fancy!

Maybe I could make the Rifle for Fallout Grond, Wouldn't really fit in Skyrim haha

20161015005843_1.jpg

20161015005857_1.jpg

If you want to end the 'cell shaded' question, consider changing the yellow color to a realistic light bronze. I think that's the only way to approach that cell shaded question, since the yellow is very cartoonish. 

You might be able to save the yellow, if you're willing to go back into GIMP and give it a hammered look. That involves finding a good grunge brush and dappling your maps like this:

LWshld1.jpg

It might make things more realistic, which means less clean, unfortunately.

should finally be releasing this tonight. Will it be perfect, most definitley not. Will it be rated well? Probably not. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere. Everyone here has been an amazing help and hopefully I can take this knowledge and make more mods. Already have an idea for something I want to do in fallout 4.

• Upvote 1