DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How do I Copy world spaces and objects to a new mod?

ultimaxum

I am new to modding. I opened the ck, loaded a world space, opened rorikstead, highlighted everything there in the cell, opened my mod, opened a world space, pasted.

Seems easy enough except the problems began. 1) It did not copy the world space just the items placed on it. 2) I had height issues because of the wrong world space  land did not conform to rorikstead. 3) When I adjusted the height of the land to  work with my newly placed structures I opened the game and went to my mod. Everything I copied from rorikstead was there except any custom meshes and textures from the mod I copied from was not there. Only Skyrim objects.

So I opened tes5edit and it said a lot of things.

[00:02]     NAVI \ NVPP - Preferred Pathing \ NavMeshes \ Set #1 \  #367 -> [04026FC3] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:02]     NAVI \ NVPP - Preferred Pathing \ NavMeshes \ Set #1 \  #251 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM
[00:02]     NAVI \ NVPP - Preferred Pathing \ NavMeshes \ Set #1 \  #160 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM
[00:02]     NAVI \ NVPP - Preferred Pathing \ NavMeshes \ Set #1 \  #38 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM
[00:02]     NAVI \ NVPP - Preferred Pathing \ NavMeshes \ Set #1 \  #0 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM

[00:01] [REFR:3D012AEB] (places [04039ADD] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:11003E1C] (in Rochester "Rochester" [WRLD:11000D62] at 0,0))
[00:01]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> [04039ADD] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01] [REFR:3D012AEA] (places [04039ADD] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:11003E1C] (in Rochester "Rochester" [WRLD:11000D62] at 0,0))
[00:01]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> [04039ADD] < Error: Could not be resolved >
[00:01] [REFR:3D012AE9] (places [0401A324] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:11003E1C] (in Rochester "Rochester" [WRLD:11000D62] at 0,0))
[00:01]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> [0401A324] < Error: Could not be resolved >

This is a snipit. There is a lot more of the same.

All I wanted to do was move the work a different modder placed in tamriiel to the rochester mod I am working on and nothing worked right. How do I do this?

I have followed a video on youtube about setting up version control. I got all the way to creating fid, fud, fvd files for skyrim.esm but the ck refuses. It does nothing. I did make the 3 files for my personal master file called master.esm. I read that you should probably enable the update.esm so I did. I made the fid, fud, fvd files for update.esm. I opened my master.esm file in the ck and it also forced the opening of update.esm and skyrim.esm. Now when I placed some random items in my test cell, I saved, clicked the version control button. Selected all, then check out, then select all, then check in. Here is where the problem began. It would not save my file because it said that my master.esm was dependent on update.esm and that functionality was not yet available.

This part in hte creation kit tutorial does not work:

When the mod files have finished loading, click on the "folder" icon again, select Skyrim.esm and click on the Details button. Answer with "Yes" when it asks to create an empty list. When the empty list shows, press 'Ctrl + Shift + B' and then press OK. Close and do the exact same for your mod's ESM(s). Now in your Skyrim\Merging\Data folders there are a number of files Version Control uses to merge ESP files into any of your ESM files.

Edited by ultimaxum

OK Im very mad now. Ive been pulling my hair for 8 hours trying to get the ck to generate the fid, fud, fvd files for update.esm. Now this freaking tutorial on youtube told me to set the 9th bit in skyrim.esm to 0 before making the 3 files for merging control :P After hours and hours of nothing and failure I watched a french tutorial I could not understand to find the one key piece of information this other dumbkoph tutorial failed to tell. Once  you change the skyrim.esm files 9th bit to 0 you are making it a plugin and not a master. To generate the 3 files in ck you need to do it while it is a master file :P Change skyrim's 9th bit once you generate the 3 files, not before.

Well after all this the ck still says I cannot save if my master uses update.esm

I have edited the 9th bit of update.esm and skyrim esm in the data directory. copied the two and pasted them in the \Skyrim\Merging\Data

I have made every dlc merge compatible by doing the ctrl alt B thing.

I edited my cell and put something in it.

I saved

I opened the merge thing in ck, selected all, checked out, selected all, checked in. The same problem exits. I cannot save because my master uses update.esm

Edited by ultimaxum

Im spamming my own post, sorry.

So I spent 10 hours today trying to do things with horrible excuses of tutorials all over the internet. As it turns out I believe you need to do a couple key things along with the normal tutorial.

1) Since we have now have 4 or 5 expansions for skyrim you have to generate the files for the network for each of them. Copy all the dlc's dawnguard, hearthfire, dragonborn, skyrim, and update.esm's to your \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Merging\Data directory.

2) create your fid, fud, fvd files as normal but *Do it before you change the 9th bits in your skyrim and update.esm files. Once you change those bits it will not work. You need to change the bits for these 2 files in both the skyrim\data directory and the \Skyrim\Merging\Data directories. Save the 2 original ones to a new folder.

3) After you create the files in #2 you can go ahead and use a hex editor to change the 9th bits to 01 instead of 81. In this horrible excuse of a video tutorial he said to change it to 0 when in all actuality it was supposed to be 01.

4) I believe that you need to do #1 for all the expansion dlc's. In 2 cases I had to edit my SkyrimEditor.ini and SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini and edit in dawnguard.esm and dragonborn.esm in appropriate places for the ck to stop crashing when they loaded. You can easilly find the answer to how to do this by searching google for the popup search terms in ck when it crashes.