DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

What the heck? Necro-undead group spawned in my house mod?

mALX

I went in game to check my house mod for errors  and was having to COC to the different cells because the doors aren't hooked up yet - so I walk into the follower's bedroom and found three people and two skeletons just standing there!   I walk up and try to talk to them, and suddenly they attacked me!  So ... well, had to kill them.  Turns out they were necromancers!    But how the heck does a group of necromancers and their undead spawn inside my interior cell of my mod?   Gaaaaaah!   

Here they are when I first walked in:

QKqG43q.png?1

**  Also,  I used a few NPC's called "Imperial Preset"  so I wouldn't have to do the facegen on them - and when you try to speak to them in game their voices sound like Sheogorath (and not a female Sheo, male voice)  -  and they just repeatedly call the Player a series of  derogatory names!  

Heeeeeelllllllpppppp!!!!!!   Please?

Edited by mALX
  • Upvote 1

For the second issue, anything "Preset" is only for the player character. During chargen you can select these 'presets' if you don't want to go through the whole process of creating a character. They are not meant for NPC creation.

For the first issue I can only guess.

- did you copy anything into your cell from somewhere else? Maybe copied the cell itself?

- you could have a spawn point inside there. Load up your cell and double check all the xMarkers you've placed to see if they have any scripts or references in them. In particular, look in that specific cell in that specific area.

- do you have any mod that would randomly spawn necromancers to find you?

- are you testing on a clean save that hasn't seen your mod before?

• Upvote 1

For the second issue, anything "Preset" is only for the player character. During chargen you can select these 'presets' if you don't want to go through the whole process of creating a character. They are not meant for NPC creation.

For the first issue I can only guess.

- did you copy anything into your cell from somewhere else? Maybe copied the cell itself?

- you could have a spawn point inside there. Load up your cell and double check all the xMarkers you've placed to see if they have any scripts or references in them. In particular, look in that specific cell in that specific area.

- do you have any mod that would randomly spawn necromancers to find you?

- are you testing on a clean save that hasn't seen your mod before?

I have copy/pasted a few of the items in the house,  like the armor mannequins and the bookshelves, etc.    I also copy/pasted this entire floor from my original build; which was the entire three floors in one building - no load doors;  so I divided them up into several cells by copy/pasting them and adding load doors.  

I have no mods added except my Apache hair mod and Diamonized body right now;  but  I do have two copies of this mod in my load order (listed under different names, one is a backup just in case) - did not have them both checked;  unless you have to uncheck the mods every time you load up the game.   

This was not a clean save,  it has seen this mod before -  but there are no scripts whatsoever that this mod uses, if that helps.  

I plan to go back in and check again, but working in the CK right now to get more of Tamira's great stuff in there, lol.  

I am really wondering if (even though I unchecked the second mod the first time I loaded the game up)  if maybe I needed to uncheck it every time just to be sure.   

OMG,  I did not know those presets were just for the Player!  Urk,  maybe that is why the NPC is calling me a moron!  SPEW !!!!  :rofl:    I guess I'll have to delete them all and change them out, darn it.   

Thank you so much for your help, Henaisse!

Edited by mALX