DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Difference between NoCrime and regular Combat dialogues?

jamochawoke

Hey guys I need some help in understanding this system.

In the Combat dialogues tab of a quest you can add topics for an NPC to bark at the player when they do particular combat-related actions. But there is a crime/nocrime system in place.

So I have this vampire NPC I made to talk to the player. However, the player can simply choose to steal from or kill the vampire npc. I have recordings and lip files for all the instances of what the player can do... however, some of them won't play, and I notice they are in the regular (or crime) categories.

For example:

Assault: assaultdialogue1

AssaultNoCrime: assaultdialogue2 (this is the only one that ever plays)

Pickpocket: pickdialogue1

PickpocketNoCrime: pickdialogue2 (this is the only one that ever plays)

Now how I assumed the nocrime topics to work is if the player tried to commit those crimes against an npc but the npc liked the player enough to simply tell them off. This can be seen in many NPC's throughout the game.

It also confusingly works for my NPC. If the player picks their pocket and gets caught but the NPC isn't mad or assaults them and they don't want to fight they will bark the nocrime dialogue.

However, they also bark the nocrime dialogue if the player DOES cause them to go aggro. They will either bark the nocrime topics or say nothing at all. Shouldn't they just be using the regular assault and pickpocket topics instead?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this is happening because the NPC is a vampire? They aren't in the vampire faction and are only in a custom faction with +100 to the Player and some other NPCs they need to not aggro on and that faction is not evil. Is there something to do with the responsibility modifier in AI?  

Is there a special condition needed to fire the Assault and Pickpocket topics? 

I am very confused.

Posting to save the information: 

It seems that an NPC will only use the regular (crime) barks if their responsibility in AI is set to a point where they will report the crime. The more they like you the higher the responsibility has to be. Also, since it didn't make sense for my Vampire NPC to try and report a crime (it actually gives you crime gold for it) I figured out a way to get them to say their lines one after another until they get mad enough to combat the player by using conditions on the dialogue.

• 5 years later...