DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

How to add a weight slider to armour mod

dustierapple

In order for weight sliders to work an armor requires a small body size ( _0 ) and a large body ( _1 ) size. If there's only one size that's all you'll get.

First, you should politely ask the author of the armor to create the other body size so the weight sliders will work.

Or, for personal use, get BodySlide/Outfit Studio and do the conversion yourself.

• 1 month later...

This is a good video which helped me understand how to use Bodyslider 2 and Outfit Studio:

Here is SkyrimCaliente's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkyrimCaliente

The readme excerpt below has some good step by step instructions.  As a total Noobosaurus Rex, here is what I learned.

1.  Choose the armor outfit you want to convert in the Outfit/Body dropdown menu in the upper left corner of Bodyslider 2.

2.  Choose the body shape template (CBBE, CBBE Slim, CBBE Vanilla, etc. you will have choices from what you've installed) you want the outfit to fit.  Choose this from the Preset dropdown menu under the Outfit/Body dropdown.

3.  Open the Small Preview window AND the Large Preview window to make sure the outfit fits both bodies.  These are the body weight meshes.  The small preview body is body weight 0 mesh and the large preview body is the body weight 1 mesh.  If your character's body weight is set between these in game, the mesh will be an average of these two values.  If you don't check them both, you'll get a LOT of clipping.

4.  Adjust the body sliders until you have a result you like in both previews.  Click Save Preset in the top middle of the interface.  Give it a name you'll recognize and check the outfit boxes you want your new body preset to affect.

a.  If the outfit is poorly fitting, open Outfit Studio with the button in the lower right.  I've only worked with it once, but it's pretty easy.  Use the video tutorial in the beginning of this post.  That's how I learned to make one outfit work out.  I don't remember offhand how to do it, and I'd have to go back and watch the video again.

==>  The important thing to remember (sorry if you already know all this but I'm speaking from a completely noobylonian perspective) is that your character has a nude body (generally with underwear stuck to it) and each outfit your character wears has its OWN body.  When your character equips an outfit, he is replacing his body and its attached underwear with the outfit's body plus its attached clothes.  What you are doing in Bodyslider is telling the outfit to use a body which matches the shape you just made with the sliders.  What you are doing in Outfit Studio is adjusting the outfit clothing 3D meshes to match the body mesh you just made with the sliders.  Bodyslider adjusts the outfits body, Outfit Studio adjusts the clothing meshes which come with the outfit's body.

5.  Back in Bodyslider (bear with me here), make SURE you click the Race Menu Morphs box underneath the Build button in the center bottom of the screen.  This is what converts the outfit be adjustable in the ShowRaceMenu customization interface in game.  If you don't do this, the outfit/body will not be adjustable with the Race Menu sliders in game.

6. Click the Build button.  Check the outfit you want to adjust.  This replaces the outfits default body with the body you just created with the sliders.  This will OVERWRITE whatever the outfit came with.  If you make a mistake, you'll have to reinstall the mod or file.  When you're ready, click OK.

Check out these instructions and the linked video before following my instructions, which are from memory right now.  P.S., I'm using Mod Organizer, and I'm having trouble getting my new outfits to show up in game.  This method worked in Nexus Mod Manager, and it worked in Mod Organizer to create the character's nude/underwear body.  I don't know why it's not working with outfits.  If anyone has some advice, I would appreciate it.  I think the Bodyslider process is working, but that Mod Organizer is not loading those files.  I have the same problem with the Bodyslide data for the Immersive Armors v7 mod I installed in Mod Organizer very carefully according to the instructions.

This is from Caliente's readme from the Caliente Vanilla Armor Combined Pack v2-1 mod:

Bodyslide
----------
For the person who likes to customize her look even more, all included armors are fully bodyslide compatible!  

It is not necessary to install the armor files manually if you use this method, as BodySlide will install them for you as part of its process.

First, install Bodyslide from the CBBE download page linked above.  You can install the program anywhere you like, but it is recommended that you place the program into skyrim/data/calientetools/bodyslide

Second, install the bodyslide data files for this mod by copying the contents of the included CalienteTools/BodySlide folder to the installation folder of bodyslide on your computer.  Note, if you have installed bodyslide to the recommended location, you can perform this step by simply copying the CalienteTools folder into skyrim/data/

Third, execute Bodyslide as an administrator (right click, run as admin).  Use the topmost drop down to select which armor to modify. (if you do not see "CalClothes" entries in the list, you've missed a step in the installation).  Use the Preset drop down to choose a base configuration for each armor.  Use the two preview buttons to preview the small and large shapes.  Finally, use the Create Bodies button when you're satisfied with the size to create and install the armor!   
Tip: if you're seeing errors while creating bodies, you can try holding control and clicking the create button, which will place the files directly into the BodySlide directory, which you can then copy to the skyrim/data folder according to the paths above.

If you wish to make all armors fit the same body shape, you can use the "Batch build"  button to generate all the armors in one step!  IMPORTANT: you MUST be using a shape preset for this to work!  Never fear, however -- you can save your own preset.  to do this:
  1) set up the sliders as you wish them to be.
  2) click 'Save Preset'
  3) Choose a name for the preset in the dialog that appears
  4) Select 'CalienteClothes' from the list of groups in the same dialog.
  5) Click OK and choose a file name to save the preset.  Make sure you save the file in the Bodyslide\SliderPresets folder, or bodyslide won't be able to find your preset file
  6) With your new preset selected in the preset drop down box, click "BatchBuild".  You will again be presented with a list of groups to choose from -- select CalienteClothes and/or any others that you wish to create. Note that if you've already created bodies for items not in the clothes group (eg. CalienteArmor), those won't be changed unless you also select them at this time.
WARNING: doing this will overwrite all of the above armor files without further warning.  Be careful if you have existing armor mods or shapes you wish to preserve.

Please read the Bodyslide readme for additional information and help

Anyway, this is what I learned.

• Upvote 1