ladyonthemoon

skyrim
My modest commitments to modding Skyrim...

75 posts in this topic

First of all, advertising for my own mods feels really weird. Most of the mods I've made yet were cut for my preferences, which is why I didn't release them and when I did, I got negative comments, because they didn't please the users...

Anyway, up to now, I've published two mods that could be of general interest here, (which is the best place to release mods, in my opinion): Griselda, the Morthal Trader and Whitewater Farm. These two mods are hosted here (see link in my signature). Whitewater Farm is the final exam I made for the Creation Kit basics course DarkRider has kindly made for us here. I owe you a lot regarding modding; I needed the discipline your course forces us into. Thank you! :D

_______oOo_______

Beside these two mods, I'm currently working on adding the Pale Pass (every Oblivion player  remembers the Pale Pass I hope), to Skyrim. Progression is slow because there is much to do.

Among many others that are not of general interest, I've also committed:

- a mod that makes the player non dragonborn (no learning words or absorbing dragon souls, etc.), NonDragonbornWithDragons,

- one that makes the dogs silent, or so, ( your dog will no longer bark in your ears every five seconds), Silent Dogs of Skyrim,

- one that allows the player to make his own skooma, Homemade Skooma, (needs to be completed).

_______oOo_______

I intend on updating this thread about future mods.

Here we are; I hope you'll bear with me, as I'm not exactly the social type... :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

First of all, advertising for my own mods feels really weird. Most of the mods I've made yet were cut for my preferences, which is why I didn't release them and when I did, I got negative comments, because they didn't please the users...

Don't worry if it doesn't please the users. If it sounded like a good idea to me, I'd implement the suggestion, but otherwise, I had stated if they don't like it, they can change it themselves or not use the plugin. Their choice. Unfortunately there will always be people like that but don't let it get to you. :)

TESAlliance is definitely one of the best places to upload Mods. It was my roots and I dropped updating my Mods on NexusMods as I wanted to come back to my roots. Will check out your Morthal Trader.

Edited by SilverSongM

Just edited my first post. When Bethesda & Valve announced their paid mods project, I removed the mods I had uploaded here.

I'm glad to announce that Whitewater Farm will be back on line soon. I took advantage of the situation to revise and expand it. Originally this mod was my graduation contribution to the CK basics course (hello Dark Rider, you'll be able to update to the link soon!). Today it's a full mod that adds a farm to the game that the player can buy.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Anyway, up to now, I've published two mods that could be of general interest here, (which is the best place to release mods, in my opinion): Griselda, the Morthal Trader and Whitewater Farm.

Griselda, the Morthal Trader

as the name says, adds a trader to Morthal. It's a general store situated near Falion's house. Griselda buys and sells any type of goods. The store is open from 10 am to 6 pm. It's not that Griselda is lazy but I think she's lost faith in her future as a trader... :P

_______oOo_______

Whitewater Farm

adds a farm East of Whiterun city, along the White river, opposite the Battleborn Farm. This farm can be bought the same way you buy breezehome, by asking to the current Jarl's steward.

_______oOo_______

I'm currently working on adding the Pale Pass every Oblivion player (fondly, I hope) remembers of, to Skyrim. Progression is slow because there is much to do.

I've also committed a mod that makes the player non dragonborn (no learning words or gathering dragon souls, etc.); unpublished yet.

Here we are; I hope you'll bear with me, as I'm not exactly the social type... :)

I have never made a negative comment about a mod wihout a reason and have always tried to be constructive as possible in my feedback towards the modder.

These mods sounds interesting and from day one I never like Morthal that much, but who knows perhaps your Morthal trader mod will change that.

I guess that I need to try out your Whitewater Farm first before I can comment anything in that mod.

I know you posted a WIP thread about Pale Pass at the official, but I must say your decision to manually remove it surprised me due to the event of paid mods.  Like I said then as I say know;  Looks good and keep up the good work. :smile:

I have never made a negative comment about a mod wihout a reason and have always tried to be constructive as possible in my feedback towards the modder. These mods sounds interesting and from day one I never like Morthal that much, but who knows perhaps your Morthal trader mod will change that. I guess that I need to try out your Whitewater Farm first before I can comment anything in that mod.

Thank you. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

actually i love morthal. its a nice cozy place, the vampire background is nice, and lastly i love to roam the swamps (good ingredients for potions / poisons to farm there), especially in foggy full moon nights :wub:

im gonna bookmark here and lurk back when i have another phase where i check out other mods instead of twiddling on my own :)

lastly, but most important: my personal opinion is that a modder should mod stuff for himself mainly.  a little request or favor for a friend is no bad thing, but... well, its the webz. sooner or later you get trolled, or worst case even insulted in your comments. thing is, most of the times folks that only nag or insult know absolutely nothing about modding. their missing knowledge makes them think that of course every modder knows everything (which isnt the case, thus we got gear modders, landscapers, dungeon guys, scripters, and so on), and if in addition to that they happen to be self centered ducks than of course its your duty to change your mods until they are satisfied (and you wonder what the heck you were modding there).

no one gets paid here or is enslaved, so... do what you want, and most important as i use to say: have some fun :)

actually i love morthal. its a nice cozy place, the vampire background is nice, and lastly i love to roam the swamps (good ingredients for potions / poisons to farm there), especially in foggy full moon nights :wub:

im gonna bookmark here and lurk back when i have another phase where i check out other mods instead of twiddling on my own :)

lastly, but most important: my personal opinion is that a modder should mod stuff for himself mainly.  ...

That's how I do my mods, always. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

That's how I do my mods, always. :)

Griselda, the Morthal Trader can already be found on my blog to which I put a link in my signature. ;)

Thank you for the support.

I've moved on an deleted my blog. It's my decision to not release my mods from now on. I will complete and re upload Whitewater Farm because it's the result of the CK basics course and that'll be all.

Thanks a lot for the support and the knowledge shared here! :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I've moved on an deleted my belog. It's my decision to not release my mods from now on. I will complete and re uploade Whitewater Farm because it's the result of the CK basics course and that'll be all.

Thanks a lot for the support and the knowledge shared here! :)

I was actually trying to find your blog so I could catch up on any updates. Tis' a shame but if it's what you want to do. Go for it. :) Look forward to Whitewater Farm.

Edited by SilverSongM

I was actually trying to find your blog so I could catch up on any updates. Tis' a shame but if it's what you want to do. Go for it. :) Look forward to Whitewater Farm.

Thank you! I very much appreciate your support. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Thank you! I very much appreciate your support. :)

Not releasing my mods doesn't mean that I won't share them with people who would want them. I have a couple of mods floating around that I shared via email only.

If you want Griselda, the Morthal Trader and Silent Dogs of Skyrim, just ask! Whoever want them, please contact me! ;)

No worries. I sent you a PM about it. :D

I have to chime in.  People trying out someone else's mod tend to be fairly inconsiderate.  Do they not understand that being negative and demanding ends up discouraging people from releasing mods?  I am working on my first mod (a very large house mod).  Likely will not release for this reason.  It was made to suit myself, with elements that I thought would appeal to others, but looking around the community at large, I'm not sure its worth it to release.  Endless unsolicited requests to do something different, if not out right negativity and complaining.  

:2cents:

...  I am working on my first mod (a very large house mod).  Likely will not release for this reason.  ...

Well, you can at least release it here; no "crowd" here, only sensitive people. ;)

As far as I'm concerned, my mod has been decently treated on Steam. It's got only one negative vote; the voter didn't comment on why he did it though. That's what I hate on the workshop, people can downrate mods just for the fun of it and cower away. When people want to rate down a mod, they should be forced to give an explanation. Not going to happen.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

News about Whitewater Farm: an update is on the way. It will allow the player to get a share of the profits generated by the farm; there will be larger stables and it will fix the well rested bonus that doesn't apply. Oops... Need some more testing before being uploaded.

Also, I just noticed that there is another mod by the name Whitewater Farm: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60747/? I must precise that it's a pure coincidence. I began working on mine in October 2014 and published the first images in November: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/4669-ck-basics-final-exam/?p=111626 (images deleted). Whitewater Farm was published first on the 14th of November 2014. :confused:

Whitewater Farm

The new version is ready. I'm not uploading it right now because I want to test it further, just to make sure everything works as planned.

What is this update about?

1) the player will now get the "Well rested" bonus when he sleeps in the farm, instead of the simple Rested bonus. (My deepest apologies about that! :()
2) the player will now get a share of the profits generated by the farm. Once a month, the player will have to talk to Allia, the old woman who tends to the farm with her husband, Bjorn, and she will give them a share of the profits (ranging from 50 to 500 Septims), beginning a month (in game time) after the player has bought the farm (a month after the mod has been updated for those who are already using it).
3) minor additions have been made to the house, decorations mostly, nothing has been moved inside.
4) the exterior cell has been greatly improved (according to me):

- new stables, additions of trees, vegetation, insects, bees and rework of the landscape (the way to the stables):

- if your player is homeless, or so drunk that they cannot find their keys :P, there is now an invisible bed in the stables:

- the player will also be able to take water from the horse troughs (the ones on the farm territory, not the others); activating the horse trough will add one bottle of water to the player's inventory.

- the player will also be able to get mead from the mead barrels inside the house; activating the barrel will add 5 bottles of Nord mead to the player's inventory.

I think that will be all. As soon as I'm sure that everything works fine, the mod will be uploaded and I'll inform you.

Thank you for your patience! :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Very nice! And a very clever use of activators I must say. :)

Edited by TheBawb

Very nice! And a very clever use of activators I must say. :)

Thank you! :)

One thing I've forgotten: the player will be able to pick up the crops and sell them to Allia, making them friends. Consequently, the player will be able to take things in Allia and Bjorn's place without stealing them. :P

Hi, ladyonthemoon.  Were you able to get the npc to display a tankard when getting mead and drinking from the tankard?  In my mod, the npc goes through the motion of getting mead and drinking, but wo displaying the tankard.

Hi, ladyonthemoon.  Were you able to get the npc to display a tankard when getting mead and drinking from the tankard?  In my mod, the npc goes through the motion of getting mead and drinking, but wo displaying the tankard.

I haven't even tried... :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Update is online here: ladyonthemoon's Whitewater Farm

Here is the full changelog:

August 4th, 2015: Update!

IMPORTANT! To activate the update, you must own the farm and enter the house.

1) the player will now get the "Well rested" bonus when he sleeps in the farm, instead of the simple Rested bonus. (My deepest apologies about that!)
2) the player will now get a share of the profits generated by the farm. Once a month, the player will have to talk to Allia, the old woman who tends to the farm with her husband, Bjorn, and she will give them a share of the profits (ranging from 50 to 500 Septims), beginning a month (in game time) after the player has bought the farm (a month after the mod has been updated for those who are already using it).
3) minor additions have been made to the house, decorations mostly, nothing has been moved inside.
4) the player can now harvest the crops for Allia and sell them to her, making them friends. Consequently, Allia and Bjorn will allow the player to take things in their home.
5) if your player is homeless, or so drunk that they cannot find their keys, there is now an invisible bed in the stables.
6) the player will be able to take water from the horse troughs (the ones on the farm territory, not the others); activating the horse trough will add one bottle of water to the player's inventory.
7) the player will also be able to get mead from the mead barrels inside the house; activating the barrel will add 5 bottles of Nord mead to the player's inventory.
8) the exterior cell has been greatly improved (according to me): new stables, additions of trees, flora, insects, bees and rework of the landscape.

I'm going to rest now. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

August 14th, 2015: Update!

- reoriented the door marker outside the farm house in order to avoid the dreadful infinite loading screens.
- removed a useless condition applied to the update quest.
- minor changes outside and inside the house and basement.

This time I think it's over. ;)