ladyonthemoon

skyrim
My modest commitments to modding Skyrim...

76 posts in this topic

I'm taking a break from my Pale Pass mod to renew my Whitewater Farm. Only the main house has been and will be modified. Some contents have changed in the kitchen and the furniture in the rest of the house has been upgraded to "upper". A small bookshelf has been added, raising the number of books you can store in this house from 108 to 126.

Main modifications so far:

1. anything displaying in the kitchen now respawns, except for the empty bottles,
  2. all the barrels and sacks whether they are in the kitchen or behind the counter now respawn,
  3. once a week, on Saturday morning, Allia will spend three hours cleaning the house. (This explains why the edible contents of the house now respawn; she doesn't want your player to go hungry! ;)

Refurbishing:

The bedroom, living room furniture have been upgraded to "upper".

Things that have not changed:

1) The containers that are not barrels or sacks are safe; that is to say:

• cupboard,
  • dresser,
  • end tables,
  • wardrobe,
  • bookshelves,
  • personal chest,

do not respawn.

2) All the objects that display on tables, counter, shelves and so on, and are not in the kitchen, do not respawn either.

Basically, the house could be divided in two parts:

• the first third on the left does respawn,
  • the two other thirds do not respawn.

(I hope this is clear. :P )

Project:

I really feel like adding to this mod a small house the player could buy that would be set in Riverwood. It would be small like Faendal's house and cheap; I'd say about 2,000 Septims.

What do you say?

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Well, looks like nobody cares about me adding a new house or not... :P

All right, last time I said that I wouldn't modify the basement, the place where the old couple lives, but I ended up making a few changes to it. It had always bothered me that they have a fireplace but no chimney so that the smoke could get out of the place. Now they have one!

I also swapped a few pieces of furniture, removed a bench and added a shelf and a small alchemy lab:

Oh, I forgot, I also added an evacuation for the smoke outside, just behind the chicken house:

:)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

And, last of the current upgrade of Whitewater Farm, Allia can now sell stuff she cooks, bread she bakes, cheese she makes and milk from the cow (hey I forgot the milk the goat can provide!).

As for Bjorn, he now spends his Saturdays in Whiterun, shopping, visiting the Hall of the Dead and eating at the Bannered Mare; he goes back home around 8 pm. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

All right, the new version of Whitewater Farm is ready; did some tests, works fine. I'll upload it soon. :)

The new version of Whitewater Farm is now available: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1894-ladyonthemoons-whitewater-farm/

The file to download is the "2015DecWhitewaterFarm_v2.zip". The original version is still available. If you have questions, just ask! :)

I forgot important details this morning:

Before installing the new version:

1.  Go into the house and empty it of all the stuff you stored in it,
  2.  Get out of the house and save the game.
  3.  Quit the game, extract the content of the archive in your data file folder, overwrite when Windows asks,
  4.  Make sure Whitewaterfarm.esp is selected in the launcher data files (it should be).

After installing the new version:

1) you were using the mod and you had already bought the farm:

1. enter the house, put back all the stuff you had removed,,
  2. open the console and enter the three following commands one after another:
stopquest wwfarminitqst
stopquest wwfarmpurchaseqst
stopquest wwfarmupdateqst

2) you were using the mod but you hadn't bought the farm yet:

• You have nothing to do for now. Buy the farm, enter the house in order to complete the purchase quest and only then use the three commands detailed at point 1.

3) in both cases:

• I have moved the ore vein that was near the vegetable garden to another place northern in the same cell. The position of this ore vein being "baked" in your save, it will appear at its new place only after the cell has reset, about 31 in game days after you have installed the new version. You can still mine it though because it's not completely hidden by the rocks I put in its place.
  • Also, anything you had taken in the basement or the exterior cell will respawn after 31 in game days.
Edited by ladyonthemoon

This looks nice :D I think the reason comments don't come is this place feels to be... kind of dieing. :/

This looks nice :D I think the reason comments don't come is this place feels to be... kind of dieing. :/

It's not dying; it's just that it's kinda "private" and its owner is very busy.

Just uploaded a tiny update to the new version, regarding optimisation. Should be good now. Sorry if you just downloaded it. I promise I'll try to not forget things next time.

Talking about next time: the house in Riverwood is behind the inn. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Stil upgrading Whitewater Farm. The house the player will be able to buy in Riverwood is ready: (image removed by the author).

The previous owner was a hunter and fisherman. I've decided that he died in a hunting accident. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon
Removing the image

Now the house is ready.

I'm now adding a dog the player would adopt, if he wishes so, as he can already do with Meeko.

Note: the salmon will disappear once you have "harvested" their flesh. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

On 19/12/2015 at 3:11 PM, ladyonthemoon said:

I'm now adding a dog the player would adopt, if he wishes so, as he can already do with Meeko.

Done! :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I just uploaded an update to the last version. This update doesn't contain anything related to the house in Riverwood; it just replaces a faulty script where activating the door of the farm before actually buying if from the steward will complete the quest and make the farm impossible to buy. If you are in that case, load a save you made before activating the door and do not come back to it before having completed the purchase.

Sorry... :confused:

Edited by ladyonthemoon

All right, the third (and last) version of Whitewater Farm is now ready. It works fine. I'll upload it soon. Have a good day! :)

Did you just make a clone of Meeko and renamed em to make the dog?

Somehow yes. I took an EncDog and used Meeko as a template. :)

I'm testing the mod right now and I came onto a problem. I set Baldwin so that the player can use him as a follower and made it so that the PlayerAnimalCount global is set back to 0 so that he can hire another animal; this part works... and doesn't work. When I meet Meeko with Baldwin, the dialogue shows, the game doesn't protest when I click on the dialogue line asking him to follow me but when I do that, the game swaps the dogs; it dismisses Baldwin and makes Meeko my current animal follower. Back to the CK... :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I think that may just be default skyrim's fault. it only has a slot for one animal follower. Maybe peek at how AFT gets around the limit.

I asked this as I'm wanting to add one of those ghost dogs as a follower for my eitherflow tower mod. find em in a hidden basement/lab area

I think that may just be default skyrim's fault. it only has a slot for one animal follower. Maybe peek at how AFT gets around the limit.

I asked this as I'm wanting to add one of those ghost dogs as a follower for my eitherflow tower mod. find em in a hidden basement/lab area

AFT? I cannot download it; they force us to create accounts for that. A good way to brag about their amazing amount of members. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

On 27/12/2015 at 11:05 PM, IronBlockGames said:

.........uh, sense when do they force you to make an account for it?

Probably since forever. I'll probably have to make my own follower quest. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Oh you don't have an account on the nexus?

I was banned a long time ago; I'm not interested in the place anyway. Neither am I interested in the Workshop. Crowds, you know.

I'll probably have to make my own follower quest. :)

Done and working! The player will be able to have both Baldwin and another dog simultaneously as followers. Tested with Meeko and Vigilance. :D