Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aysling

Obligatory Introduction Post!

Hello Allies!

This site has already been a HUGE help to me - I love it!  The idea of 'classes' is amazing.

I'm new to TES mod creation, but not modding in general.  I'm currently running 254 mods in my first Skyrim playthrough =)  I'm loving the game, but it's missing...something.  I've tried just about every player housing mod, but none of them were quite right for me.  So I decided to build my own!  I've picked the features I want, done a layout for the first floor, and started slapping pieces together in the creation kit,

From the descriptions and tutorials, I was hoping every piece 'type' (walls, flooring, etc.) would be interchangeable, but such is not the case...so I guess I'll build some of those pieces too?

Good thing I'm a fan of puzzles =)

Welcome to the Alliance! :wave:

Mod ALL the things!

Hi DarkRider!  Your Intro to CK is one of the classes I'm reading through =)

Welcome Ayaling!

254 mods eh? Not entirely sure how you can run that without major drops in frame rate, but then again, I play on a potato.

According to the left tab in MO, I'm actually running 267, since the limit is on ESPs, not mods.  I get ~23 FPS.  I have heavily tweaked skyrim and prefs.ini's, and enboost without a preset.  With vanilla Skyrim plus the ini tweaks, enboost, the high res DLC and unofficial patches, I get ~35 FPS at 1920x1080.  Setting my inis to ultra gets me a bit closer to 40 FPS, but I don't think the visual loss is worth it.  For me, a 38% drop is acceptable for the improved graphics and gameplay =)  I also play in windowed mode for easier tabbing, and I think putting it in full screen would improve my FPS.  Oh, I use HialgoSwitch too.  It helps during movement.

I really really REALLY love my gaming laptop, but I'm looking into getting a desktop soon, something that won't have any issues running Skyrim with settings set to 'Danger' levels of high :evil:

Welcome Aysling!  Can't wait to see the house mod you are making!

hello! I am new here too, working on my first housing mod as well... it is fun, but much more difficult than I thought it would be!