DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz][REQz] Sweetwater Manor

Aysling

Just finished the first level of my player house, and I'm pretty excited about it =)  It's got a few issues, but I wanted to get some feedback/critiques of the parts that have been completed.

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo8878fd8vvzqoa/Sweetwater%20Manor.7z?dl=0

Description:

Sweetwater manor is a complete player home, offering a number of features.  I'm trying to keep it as lore-friendly as possible, if you notice an issue, let me know!

Currently Implemented:

First Floor:

• Floorplan
  • Basic Architecture

Work in Progress:

• Second Floor (have floorplan)
  • Master Suite (have floorplan)
  • Basement (have floorplan)
  • There are some items that need to be remodeled or retextured on the first floor so everything fits/meshes well:
    1. Entrance floor needs new mesh.
    2. Need new column mesh for entrance/chapel transition.
    3. Need to alter the mesh for the 'doors' (currently windows that don't open) in the merchant area.
    4. Need to alter the mesh for the wood walls to get a nicer looking column.
    5. Need to build a mesh for the stairs in the main hall, so I'm not using replicated floor tiles.
    6. Retexture wood walls so they don't look so dirty.
    7. Retexture plaster walls so they look nicer/less dirty.
    8. Retexture flooring in merchant area and kitchen.
    9. New greenhouse 'windows'?
    10. Something with the stairs?

Known Bugs:

• Some areas have overlap, causing 'jittery' textures.  Working on a fix.
  • A few areas have tiles that don't fully meet - will be fixed in next update.

Future Plans:

My original idea for Sweetwater Manor came about because there were so few player housing mods that combined the features of a mod with the vanilla 'building' experience.  I'm also extremely picky =)  I run a bunch of mods, so I wanted something that would maximize compatibility, have a ton of features, look really nice, offer the vanilla 'building' experience, allow the player to feel like they've invested in their home, and spectacular views.

I wanted to accomplish all this without the use of internal loading screens, and with real windows.  As this is my first mod, the windows are probably quite a ways off, but I've got some ideas...

Currently Planned Features:

• Obtained via quest.  Once the player hits level 10, a courier will drop off a note starting the quest.  The house will be in a major state of disrepair, and require time (not much!) and materials to get into a liveable state.  (General quest outline complete).  Certain areas have to be repaired in order, but most areas are optional.  Repairing different areas unlocks more features!
  • Interior Features/Rooms:
    1. Entrance
    2. Main Hall
    3. Promenade (with merchants).
    4. Chapel (all alters).
    5. Kitchen
    6. Pantry (possibly with respawning ingredients?)
    7. Greenhouse
    8. Servant Quarters (Houscarl, steward, cooks, maids)
    9. Up to 6 children's bedrooms (Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions compatible, but not required).
    10. Children's Playroom
    11. Nanny
    12. Library
    13. Bathhouse
    14. Atrium
    15. Ability to hire skill trainers?
    16. Trophy Room
    17. Armoury
    18. Training Room
    19. All crafting stations.
    20. Barracks?
  • Exterior Features/Buildings
    1. Stables
    2. Barracks, if they don't fit inside
    3. Guest House
    4. Lots of decks
    5. Arbors
    6. Landscaping
    7. Additional servant quarters (grooms, gardeners ect).
    8. Barn
    9. Farmland
    10. Well
    11. Orchard
    12. Courtyard
    13. Garden w/ Standing Stones
    14. Labyrinth?
    15. Mine?
  • Security
    1. Hireable guardsmen
    2. Walls
    3. Gates
    4. Watchtowers
  • Merchants:
    1. General Goods - Player Spouse
    2. Blacksmith (works at forge in basement, lives with sisters in merchant quarters).
    3. Armour (sister)
    4. Weapons (sister)
    5. Bowyer (married to Hunter)
    6. Hunter (married to Bowyer)
    7. Alchemist
    8. Magical/Reagents
    9. Jeweler
    10. Fence (hidden in basement).

Let me know what you think!  If you'd like to help with testing, meshes, or texturing, let me know please =)

Floorplans:

[table]

[td]  First Floor

[/td]

[td]  Second Floor

[/td]

[td]  Master Suite (3rd Floor)

[/td]

[td]  Basement

[/td]

[/table]

Screenshots:

[table]

[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
[td]
[/td]
Edited by Aysling

I already volunteered to help with any retexturing that needs done once my mod for the final exam is completed;  but I hope you understand I have no training in this, just love doing it and do it for my own mods.  There are people on this site who actually know what they are doing;  where as I am just tenacious when I want something done a certain way and keep trying till it happens.   (I do plan to take the class here once I pass the basics class, but haven't yet; just flying by the seat of my pants right now)

I have a 100 gig stack of awesome texture files that all but a few belong to other authors who you would need to get permission from first if you want to use them in your mod.  There are a few I made myself,  those are free for the taking.  

Why don't you post some screenshots up of the work so far?

Edited by mALX

Screenshots up =)

BTW I'm hoping to make any new meshes/textures a modder's resource.

If you use someone else's textures, when you write them and ask them for permission to use their texture you have to let them know if it is for a resource mod or a house mod.  

Me personally  - any textures I make  for your mod would be no problem,  do what you want with them.    I just make them in Gimp using images off the internet, anyone can do it.  

** Oh, I was amazed to see how closely our thinking is in houses,  we have some exact same usages here!  Even to the Dwemer porticullus used for a floor grate!   I'm not kidding, look:

http://i.imgur.com/ccenBG9.jpg

An example of what I did for my house showing just the panels you used in the above screens:   

Big round window (also retextured the overstuffed chairs if you need furniture done):  

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Maxical1/TESAlliance%20Homework/Skyrim%20Current%20Lesson/2%20Interior%20Final%20Exam%20House%20Mod/MasterBedroom_zpsa4e60c47.jpg

Examples of two of the Panel Pieces from your screens:

The third panel piece from your screens:

If you want furniture/baskets/misc items  (also the bathtub, it was made from dirty stone fort stairs):

Clean plaster - I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in clean plaster, so used marble for mine;  but I can make some clean plaster for you if you like.  Here is an example of clean plaster (my own textures made in Gimp)  for Fallout 3:

Darker color: 

http://i.imgur.com/xa3GVOi.jpg?1

Lighter color  (and I hand made that wainscoting in the main room here):

http://i.imgur.com/qKBJC10.jpg?1

The only thing is, I can't work on anything for your mod till my final exam mod for the Basic CK class here is finished.   And again,  my texturing is novice work, someone else with training and experience may be able to do much better.  

Wow, NICE floor and columns.  You've got some awesome stuff =)  Is this your final project?

I've got a couple textures I'm wanting to try out, and I've started some of the modeling projects.  Just finished an (untextured) staircase, possibly for the entrance.

If that chandelier model is available, I'd love to be able to use it with a few tweaks =)  If not, don't worry about it.  I don't want to use anything without permission.

Wow, NICE floor and columns.  You've got some awesome stuff =)  Is this your final project?

I've got a couple textures I'm wanting to try out, and I've started some of the modeling projects.  Just finished an (untextured) staircase, possibly for the entrance.

If that chandelier model is available, I'd love to be able to use it with a few tweaks =)  If not, don't worry about it.  I don't want to use anything without permission.

Yes, all the screens except the two Fallout ones at the bottom (clean plaster) are for my final exam house for the CK basics course here.  

That chandelier is a vanilla game one for Fallout 3;  Bethesda does not allow any vanilla assets to be used in any other games, even if the games are their own.  (so it can't be used).   

What I did for my mod was just retexture a vanilla Skyrim chandelier;  here is an example of that:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Maxical1/TESAlliance%20Homework/Skyrim%20Current%20Lesson/2%20Interior%20Final%20Exam%20House%20Mod/TamiraStatue_zpsd0ffd40a.jpg

You should open a Photobucket, or Imageshack account, host your pic there. That way, you can post images directly in your thread, or link folks to the album, and they wouldn't have to download a zip file to see them. (some folks are rather paranoid about such things. :) )