DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

General questions.

ZippyDSMlee

Where the heck are the scripts hidden? Not like I found them in FO3 or FONV managed to find enough code or help online to do the scripts I needed but sheesh Skyrim is a whole new ball game as far as scripts it seems. Not really asking for the script at this time I do want to try and see what I can do with what little motivation I have right now.

Trying to find scripts so I can see example code to cut and paste around with.

I tried doing this with the CK but I think it really requires scripting.

What I am trying to do is replace how frenzy and raise dead and such work I want more of a random chance than a hard level check on them.

Lets take frenzy or raise dead(or poison) as the example effect I want to apply

I want to have a setup like this

80% chance at level 0-10 to apply effect

60% chance at level 10-25to apply effect

50% chance at level 25-40 to apply effect

30% chance at level 40-100 to apply effect

10% chance at level 999(or whatever it takes to apply the effect at a 10% chance) to apply effect

The trouble with something like frenzy you have extra effects like secondary confidence boost and master of the mind perk I tried applying the conditional to them and not and nothing seemed to work correctly, so I had the idea to replace the spell enchantment with a script that will fire off a specific enchantment based on random chance.

10% chance at level 999(or whatever it takes to apply the effect at a 10% chance) to apply enchantment0

80% chance at level 0-10 to apply enchantment1

60% chance at level 10-25to apply enchantment2

50% chance at level 25-40 to apply enchantment3

30% chance at level 40-100 to apply enchantment4

I’ll have to adjust time and or damage amounts but you get the idea of what I need from a script.  But before I go and request it I’d like to try and build it myself but I need on hit, get random percent or chance code examples.

Thanks for any help and sorry if I am posting our of order!!

I think you can still see them in the CK if you open up a quest/actor/or item file with a script attached and just click on that script;  but they don't have a button on the toolbar anymore.  

The reason I'm not sure if you/everyone can do it that way or not is because  =  it works for me, I can;   but I have Atom to open my scripts up, so not sure if it will do that without a script reader with a Papyrus language package in it.  

I have Atom, most people use Notepad C++ or something.    There are several free ones like these, and several that charge that are not that much better.  

The point I'm making is,  I really don't know if I could see these scripts if I didn't have that script reader software installed.  

The scripts are in your Skyrim Data folder but are coded into Papyrus language and have to be compiled before the game or CK will recognize they exist.   The compiler is in the Skyrim folder where the Launcher is.  

Edited by mALX

• 1 month later...

Ah it finally got approved LOL, I found the scripts and complied acouple simple things in the CK and added properties so I got some ultra basic skills now. I need to sit down and read more about papyrus  scripting.  Oh man having a fun time detect life needs a cycle script, I need to give the undead around the player 1000HP or do it globally rather not do it per NPC, need to make more silver weapons, need to get a shout casted from an melee attack if possible or a random chance 360 shout(this one is easier than the rest LOL). Not to mention the 300+ file monster mod I was making a year ago LOL. Uhg So much to do >< Still working away at the poison/frenzy/undead stuff too. LOL