DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

RIP spirit of modding...

oldladyonthemoon

What happens if someone choose to share their crumbs of the sales with TES Alliance?

http://i.imgur.com/CHfs0GR.jpg

My head starts to ache...

One of the paid guys listed all the places that you can send part of the money to. TESA was not on the list, there were only about 5 places which Valve/Bethesda had negotiated with. It was only places that pop'd up after skyrim modding got big, as I hadn't heard of any of them except the Nexus. I think it was one of the earlier topics on the official forums, bugger if I remember where.

One of the paid guys listed all the places that you can send part of the money to. TESA was not on the list, there were only about 5 places which Valve/Bethesda had negotiated with. It was only places that pop'd up after skyrim modding got big, as I hadn't heard of any of them except the Nexus. I think it was one of the earlier topics on the official forums, bugger if I remember where.

Yes, I know of that but there is a link for suggesting other organisations.

What's that memory patch you're talking about?

This'll properly explain why it's now a necessity, whether you play vanilla or heavily-modded:

http://forum.step-project.com/topic/6726-common-ctds-freezes-ils-and-memory-issues/

Do we WANT to be included in that? Become complicit in something I abhor?

It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when money talk is combined with intangible electronic goods all the while ignoring principles and common sense.

What's that memory patch you're talking about?

He is talking about the patch introduced by Sheson on ENB forums (January 2014). It is now fully incorporated into the base SKSE loader and in some other stand-alone releases (SSME).

About, the service providers thingie, I read Dark0ne's news post. It seems to me that he could simply deny partnership, based on what he wrote in previous blog pieces. I read the whole thing and I fully agree with him in denying to be the "champion of free modding". He never stated that he is 100% against paid mods. That is a really respectable stance imo. It is just that he could provide this info from the start (after Steam made the announcement and the NDA became obsolete). Now, he just placed the nexus in the defensive. This is how pr works if you are not crystal clear when you take a public stance. Much more if the matter at hand involves you in person.

I don't know what the official TESA stance is on this, but I would advise to stay away if you are not sure you wanna follow and support the transition into proffesional modding.

Edited by theLittleGnome

To be a service provider a site has to get the invite. We had an invite, we did not accept, and would not accept because paid mods violate the tenets of our site.

As I said, we respect a modder's right to choose, but our choice for TESA is to remain free. That is our official stance. :salute:

Again I would encourage cooler heads to prevail, the first step in maintaining our community as a whole is to stop the drama and the fear mongering. There are tons of non Sims 3 communities where free and paid modders exist in harmony. This decision by Valve/Zenimax is not the end of modding unless we roll over and let that happen.

Do not sell. Do not buy. Do not drink the Koolaid. :highfive:

• Upvote 7

To be a service provider a site has to get the invite. We had an invite, we did not accept, and would not accept because paid mods violate the tenets of our site.

As I said, we respect a modder's right to choose, but our choice for TESA is to remain free. That is our official stance. :salute:

Again I would encourage cooler heads to prevail, the first step in maintaining our community as a whole is to stop the drama and the fear mongering. There are tons of non Sims 3 communities where free and paid modders exist in harmony. This decision by Valve/Zenimax is not the end of modding unless we roll over and let that happen.

Do not sell. Do not buy. Do not drink the Koolaid. :highfive:

What about Skooma? I think everyone could use a hit of Skooma with all this drama going around.

• Upvote 1

This is good and well. :salute:

I have and I'll have problems getting along with paid modders, sorry contributors, though. My feelings about them are mixed: the biggest part of me is angry at them because they fool themselves into thinking that they actually will make a living out of their mods and this will lead them into making very poor mods because, you know, "time is money". The contributors who will act like this will discredit the whole community of modders as well. On the other hand, I pity them. Anyway, I'm disgusted.

Before publishing again the two mods I removed from here, I'm going to patch them so that a message displays when the mod activates, indicating who made it and where the user should have downloaded it (here).

Some reviews (biased):

http://imgur.com/a/qFlFa

http://imgur.com/a/bqcla

Have a good day, all! :)

Can I just re-post some thoughts I have posted on ES-boards and in my own forum here? This seems like an obvious place for good discussions :)

In regards to the ongoing discussion about charging for mods, I have made this post on the Bethesda boards (slightly edited for clarity):

• Upvote 3