DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SUPPORT] Donations Needed!

DarkRider

What do you mean "forced onto"?

Is it because of hackers and unscrupulous activities made against your site, that it costs more than 15$ ?

I am asking because I created a website based on the same reasons yours was started.  I need to know what I will be facing.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean "forced onto"?

Is it because of hackers and unscrupulous activities made against your site, that it costs more than 15$ ?

I am asking because I created a website based on the same reasons yours was started.  I need to know what I will be facing.

On a shared server, you are literally sharing resources with other sites, depending on your host it can be as many as 100 other sites. When you run a site like this with all the uploading and downloading and dynamic features like blogs and chatrooms the resource load gets intensive. The result was TESA would start hogging server resources and to prevent the other sites we shared space with from crashing, the host would shut us down to release pressure. The bigger the site got the more down time we were experiencing until it was like, daily down time. The site was simply too big and too active for a shared server, it needed it's own server where it could have all the resources all the time. Its not an issue we experienced overnight, it was about 3 years in that it started to be a real problem so if you're just starting out, depending on whether or not your site takes off, it wont be an issue for you for sometime I would wager :)

• 4 weeks later...

Rider, it pains me to say that I`m in kind of a pickle for the next couple months. My renewal is coming up and I`m not even sure I can swing that. :doh: I`m hoping the membership steps up this round. So sorry but... my hands are tied and foot nailed to the floor.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, time for TESA to pay her dues again ($200), and on top of that we still need about $65 to finish upgrading the site plus $40 for license renewals so if you have some pennies to spare, please use the donation form on the index to send some love TESA's way. We really appreciate the continued support of our membership and will do our best to serve you for years and games to come. Thank you!

The TESA Team :tesa:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...