DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Tavern Tales Skyrim: OOC Discussion. Thread 1

DarkRider

Tavern Tales Skyrim: OOC

6359431911_994e705f3e_b-1.jpg

This is the Out of Character Discussion thread for the Tavern Tales Skyrim. Want to chat about the current goings on in the Mill Tavern world, this is your stop! Please be courteous, buy the first round if you're new, and keep your arse outta Grond's chair...he's probably sleeping in it.
:toast:

Tavern Actors: Where Are They Now...

Duncan - is idling in the Mill Tavern waiting for adventure to take him

Non-Player Tavern Actors

Balow: Nord, Mill Tavern owner, general barkeeper, and descendant of Arlow Bartap.

Sigur: Nord, general barkeep, Balow's brother-in-law

Helda: Imperial, cook and poultice maker, Balow's sister

Ferrin: Elven, stablehand, local boy from Dragon's Bridge, about 12 years old.

Eshe: LINK Khajiit, merchant. Lives in a trader camp near the Mill Tavern with cousins, Duna, Jelani, and Rama. Primary source of trade goods for the Mill Tavern.

Grond: Nord, local drunkard, a permanent resident of the Mill Tavern, sometimes joins adventures but mostly offers risky advice from his cozy chair.

Jack: LINK Imperial, Ex-Privateer, Gambler, Womanizer, another permanent resident Jack is usually found wenching and offering his opinions over a mug

Fiska: LINK Orc, Healer/Alchemist, a wanderer, Fiska is often at residence in the Mill Tavern but is sometimes gone for long periods in the wilds

We will add new folks as character sheets are posted. :good:

-----

Please keep your adds to the Tales to 1,000 words or less!

• Upvote 1

Tavern Tales Skyrim Begins Anew!

The old tales have fallen a bit dusty all the original players got a bit swept up in life, and projects, and mods and things. But since it's long been an integral part of TESA, I have cleaned house here and invite a new crop of role players to join the Skyrim Tavern Tales! :wave:

Though I revamped the intro to get the ball rolling, I myself will not be a frequent poster but I'll be reading and commenting and joining in when time allows. I have also donated some of my own characters to the NPC lineup to give you some classic Tavern legends to play with, be nice to them. :highfive:

If you would like to play, make a character sheet here and read the intro here

The old Tales got a bit bogged in the end I think that's why it slumped off because the adds were getting to be 8-10 pages each. That's a serious time commitment that few people have and always took an eternity for the next player to finish writing so, with this revamp I'm instituting a word count limit! Each addition to the Tales has to be in 1,000 words or less. We do not permit one line additions though you need to write enough to move the story plot.

This wordcount also means beginners are welcome as it's not so hard to keep up with! Participating in the Tavern earns you a TESA medal and is a great way to make friends and play together here in our community so if you are a closet Fanfiction writer (or an outright blatant fiction writer) Welcome! :toast:

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7nzml-zZ9M. At the moment only barely, but it's alive!

That being said, I am interested in returning! I have two characters I might want to bring onboard at some point, one being Lain Goldmoth (DarkRider may recognize this name, but in the two years since the name was first spoken the character has made great leaps and bounds into a creature who is defined by his gentle and agreeable nature. Always trying to bring people together and be there for who or whatever it may be), and the other being a more recent character of mine known as Jonquil (as far as talents go, a natural acrobat mixed with a musician with a knack for wind instruments. Her personality meanwhile is casual and friendly, hard pressed to call anyone a monster having seen what those are, though she has a somewhat skeptical and cynical edge to her.)

I don't dare try and introduce both at once though! Wont be making that mistake twice, my experience has been that it results in both characters fighting for narrative attention.

As far as who would actually see introduction in the Tavern first, Lain Goldmoth is my pick because of his whole "Heart is an awesome power!" schtick, I think that would bring an immediately unique dynamic that's still compatible with the Tavern. Can't churn out a character sheet today unfortunately as life's burdens command my attention, but I'd like to get something in within the week.

Edited by Jheuloh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like there hasn't been much interest in reviving the Skyrim Tales, we'll leave this open in case that changes, but for now, a few of us are gearing up to start a new series, Tavern Tales: Morrowind. If you enjoy writing, roleplaying, or just want to get to know some new friends, come join in! :toast:

• 1 year later...

I am glad to see this effort was made I hope to see our Tavern Tales Mod for Oblivion worked on some more. There are things I want to add to it, we all did so much for it and it is very close to being a full story. I hope also to create some adventures and quests for it with spoken dialogue ....  but this effort was fun to see. Frankly I like the game engine for Oblivion much better than Skyrim which always feels stark and dark to me. But that is just a matter of taste. I will go looking for the Morrowind version. There are some marvelous mods for Morrowind that really revitalize and upgrade the environment and world wonderfully.

• 4 years later...
I've been playing Skyrim for quite some time now, and one thing that has always bothered me is the lack of variety in the items sold by merchants. It seems like no matter where you go, you can always find the same old weapons and armor for sale. I've heard that there are mods out there that can help with this issue by adding more variety to the items sold by merchants, but I'm not sure which one to choose.