DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Use of Magic will trigger the loss health?

JayCrane

Hi, I'm really stumped on how I could make something like this. What I want to do is set this up for an NPC and when they use a lower-level spell (say, flames for example) it will trigger the loss of a significant amount of health for the NPC?  :shrug:

Edited by SilverSongM

Put a script on him...... check for what spell he is casting, and then act accordingly.

Using an OnMagicEffectStart event; something like that?

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  Debug.Trace("Magic effect was started on " + akCaster)
  Function DamageAV(string asValueName, float afDamage)
    akCaster.DamageActorValue(Health, 25)
  EndFunction
endEvent

Need a scriptor to confirm this or correct me. ;)

http://www.creationkit.com/OnEffectStart_-_ActiveMagicEffect

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Put a script on him...... check for what spell he is casting, and then act accordingly.

Using an OnMagicEffectStart event; something like that?

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  Debug.Trace("Magic effect was started on " + akCaster)
  Function DamageAV(string asValueName, float afDamage)
    akCaster.DamageActorValue(Health, 25)
  EndFunction
endEvent

Need a scriptor to confirm this or correct me. ;)

http://www.creationkit.com/OnEffectStart_-_ActiveMagicEffect

Thank you for that. I could see what it does. :good:

Edited by SilverSongM

Why did you comment about that on the AFK forums instead of here? What do I look like now?

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4168-a-script-that-will-will-trigger-the-loss-health-when-an-npc-uses-magic/

I wasn't at all trying to paint you in a negative light at all with that thread if that is what it seemed like. I was actually crediting you for the script. Because like I said in my posts, I'm absolutely hopeless, and could not have come up with it myself. They are aware of that over there. :o That said, that's why I asked over there, because I'm hopeless when it comes to this sort of thing, and I didn't want to seem like a hassle to you if I asked all these questions because of how terribad I am (example: I was trying to script without SKSE right off the bat). I am tremendously sorry if it looked like I was mocking you or anything of the sort. I wasn't trying to in the slightest. It was never my intention. Again, I am really sorry. :o

Edit: Fixed some typos and grammar.

Edited by SilverSongM

I was going to make an update post saying whether or not it worked, but again, because I am terribad, I had the gut feeling it was probably me doing something wrong. That's why I asked what I am doing wrong. Rather, than the script that you provided. :o

I wasn't at all trying to paint you in a negative light at all with that thread if that is what it seemed like.

i understand that you didn't want to do anything wrong but, it would be better that you stay vague as to who gave you some advice, especially when that advice was given on other forums. As I said, someone more clever at scripting than me would have been welcome to confirm or correct my attempt. I noticed that your post got a comment by someone who criticised my attempts instead of improving it. Nothing surprising to me there though.

i understand that you didn't want to do anything wrong but, it would be better that you stay vague as to who gave you some advice, especially when that advice was given on other forums. As I said, someone more clever at scripting than me would have been welcome to confirm or correct my attempt. I noticed that your post got a comment by someone who criticised my attempts instead of improving it. Nothing surprising to me there though.

Yes. I just wanted to give the proper credit where it was due (as I'm opposed to taking credit for things I didn't do - no one would believe I actually came up with it if I even tried), but I will take your suggestion on board for the future to make things smoother.  :smile:  Again, I'm tremendously sorry for how things developed. :ohmy:

Edited by SilverSongM

Yes. I just wanted to give the proper credit where it was due (as I'm opposed to taking credit for things I didn't do - no one would believe I actually came up with it if I even tried), but I will take your suggestion on board for the future to make things smoother.  :smile:  Again, I'm tremendously sorry for how things developed. :ohmy:

It's okay, just say that "someone" suggested this script to you, next time. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon