DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Digging for mods on the nexus, where else to look?

Rolf

Hi folks of TES alliance

As I don't have a new PC yet, I spend my spare hours skimming through the Nexus looking for great mods!

But, apart from the Nexus, which sites should I search for quality mods?

I am interested in all kinds of mods, so yeah, where do they dwell?

Thanks and Regards, Rolf
- Edit: Oblivion only btw!

Edited by Rolf

Definitely AFK Mods and also make sure to take a closer look what mods that's hosted on TAL.

GHF is another site that also have Oblivion mods, but not that many as here.  However, GHF has something called a Featured Modders section there members have their mod collections separated from the main download area, so browse around a bit and you may never know what gems you can find.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Leonardo and Ladyonthemoon. I will definitely use this information to get the motherload of gold and gems!
By no means am I a veteran of Oblivion modding. It's cool that you can show me the good places, saves me a lot of time...
I am very happy about this! :D

By the way... What version of windows would you say gives me the most stable Oblivion game?  - With mods installed that is!
Windows XP or Windows 7 or?

Cheers, Rolf

Edited by Rolf

By the way... What version of windows would you say gives me the most stable Oblivion game?  - With mods installed that is!

Windows XP or Windows 7 or?

From what I've heard both WindowsXP, Windows7 I guess.  You need to read this about UAC for newer Windows (I know this is for Morrowind, but it's valid for UAC) than WindowsXP.

I've no idea how it's on Windows 8.x though.

Edited by Leonardo

• 4 weeks later...

Okay thanks!

Of course a beefy PC is most important, but at the same time I might choose Windows XP for nostalgia reasons...
Wouldn't you think theres a chance there will be issues having Windows XP run on modern quality hardware...?

Thanks for the link to the thread.

(About the original topic: When I have swept through all oblivion mod sites; nexus, AFK, dark creations, etc. then I will post my findings in a new thread on this site. It will be a long while until that happens though :) )

XP will run on most anything, provided the manufacturer writes drivers for it. With 64 bit XP, finding printer drivers is impossible, along with any other peripheral hardware..... for processors, ram, video cards, network stuff, etc, they are out there..... but, can be fun to find.

I went from XP, to 7 recently. It was a nice upgrade, and now I can PRINT! :D

• 3 weeks later...

When I had a box built specifically for Oblivion around 4 years ago, the RealTek sound on the motherboard was incompatible with Win XP Pro (32bit) (I had two of the retail box version stashed away).  We had to force it to install the WinXP (it would normally interrupt the installation when it found the incompatible driver) and the sound was a little messed up to varying degrees for a few games (like mass effect) and the overall sound quality seemed a bit off.  So I disabled the onboard sound and installed a soundblaster card.

Edited by LeftyScaevola