DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Guide] Cleaning Skyrim and Skyrim SE Master Files

alt3rn1ty

First post updated : Recently Skyrim SE has been updated a few times, and additionally xEdit has now gone public with a release on Nexus of version 3.2.1, which has refined its record editing.

Skyrim LE results are unaffected when using the new xEdit, so no need to reclean for oldrim

Skyrim SE benefits quite a bit from recleaning, and the results / CRCs/ MD5 checksums are all now up to date in the OP for using xEdit v3.2.1

I have simplified this topic firstpost so it does not need updating every time xEdit has an overhaul, or Bethesda pump out new masters to accommodate even more Creation Club mods compatability, and make even more dirty edits to the original masters ..

I have dropped listing results and CRCs, and just describe the method. If I were to change results to the development version of xEdit, then people using just the official will be complaining the results are wrong, and if I direct people to use development version instead .. how long before it goes official? and I have to redirect people again?. People still get it wrong sometimes even when they think they have the same version of xEdit (official or beta), and my list of pre-checked results to help .. And then there is the odd pirate with wacky results .. So its probably best left to the capability of the user to follow instructions to the letter, at least if they dont catch everything they will be cleaning out the majority of ITMs and UDRs, and this game is old enough now to have a mature enough community who are mostly well versed in such things. I think this topic and the duplicates elsewhere have done the job.

Will update other guide pages on other sites aswell.

Main reason for the change though is I am not very active with Bethesda modding anymore, and have no interest apart from a veeeery long awaited long term playthrough which I have a set bunch of mods for which is not going to change at all now. I have broken my previous barrier of level 45 in game (previously whenever I got around about there for one reason or another I would end up restarting a new game), and I am discovering things in game still which I have never seen before because I have not followed all potential quests (the amount of times I have walked past Pinewatch and never realised there was more to that place than meets the eye) .. Its a quest of completing everything I haven't done before :) .. But thats only when I am not playing No Mans Sky, which kind of takes up most of my spare time now. X4 is out in November too, no doubt that will be another huge time sink for me.