DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Good SSD for improving load times?

dlf

34 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

NTDLL.DLL is a system file, has nothing to do with video drivers. What errors are you getting?

I know but some people say that this kind of error can occur if drivers are not up to date, or not adequate. That kind of thing.

As for the error messages, there are all of that type:

Application: Faulting application name: SkyrimSE.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a0db71d
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version : 6.1.7601.24000, time stamp: 0x5a499ad2
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000bf6b2
Faulting process id: 0x17d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d39990b47950d2
Faulting application path: D:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: bcb1bb92-0590-11e8-bcea-d8cb8af177f8

The first of these messages dates back to the 22/02/2017; the Exception code is the same (Exception code: : 0xc0000374). Apparently, this exception code indicates a "heap corruption". I've found this about heap corruptions but I don't understand any of it: https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1081496&seqNum=2

I get this problem with Skyrim SE only, Skyrim original works perfectly.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with that. I'm thinking of contacting Bethesda support; I'm still hesitating though. :)

7 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Is SKSE available for Second addition yet? If so, it wouldn't hurt to run it, as it has a 'fix' for beths crummy memory management. (which that error relates to....)

Do you get the error with any other programs?

I never used skse and never will. Like I said, this happens with Skyrim SE only, of all the software I'm using. :)

19 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I know but some people say that this kind of error can occur if drivers are not up to date, or not adequate.

HeyYou is right the ntdll.dll is related to Windows and I know what the 'nt' mean.  The .dll file extension stands for dynamic-link library.

It means NewTechnology and that's why Microsoft's Windows NT has the NTFS file system (64-bit?).

So I suggest that you check the system files for Windows, I assume you are using Windows 7, just to see the ntdll.dll file is added or you could manually copy the ntdll.dll file yourself from the Windows 7 disc.

Edited by Leonardo

19 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

HeyYou is right the ntdll.dll is related to Windows and I know what the 'nt' mean.  The .dll file extension stands for dynamic-link library.

It means NewTechnology and that's why Microsoft's Windows NT has the NTFS file system (64-bit?).

So I suggest that you check the system files for Windows, I assume you are using Windows 7, just to see the ntdll.dll file is added or you could manually copy the ntdll.dll file yourself from the Windows 7 disc.

I know what dll stands for and ntdll.dll is where it should be already. The system file is okay.

I loaded Skyrim SE this morning with only one mod, small with a handful of scripts, meshes and textures and the error didn't occur on quitting.

I then played with all the mods I'm generally using and the error occurred.

To finish with, I just loaded a completely un-modded save after removing all my mods from the Data directory and the error occurred.

But we're digressing. Sorry. :)

1 hour ago, HeyYou said:

I might be tempted to run memtest for a few passes..... just to eliminate RAM as a possible failure point.

So, I'm going to do although I don't see why it would be a problem with the memory since this computer is fairly new (bought last February) and Skyrim SE is the only software that have this problem.

Edit: memtest done: no problem in sight. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

3 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

I loaded Skyrim SE this morning with only one mod, small with a handful of scripts, meshes and textures and the error didn't occur on quitting.

I then played with all the mods I'm generally using and the error occurred.

To finish with, I just loaded a completely un-modded save after removing all my mods from the Data directory and the error occurred.

I think you need to install one mod at the time just see what mod is causing SSE to CTD on startup.

Should you be able to find the mod then report to the original author or fix it yourself, if you made that mod.  Or you could stop use that mod.

3 hours ago, ladyonthemoon said:

But we're digressing. Sorry. :)

Well as long HeyYou allows us to discuss it then worry. :smile:

6 minutes ago, ladyonthemoon said:

So, I'm going to do although I don't see why it would be a problem with the memory since this computer is fairly new (bought last February) and Skyrim SE is the only software that have this problem.

It's always a good idea to do such a thing, because how would you know if there is an error in the installed RAM or not.

21 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

It's always a good idea to do such a thing, because how would you know if there is an error in the installed RAM or not.

I edited my post. The memory test didn't find any problem.

22 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

I think you need to install one mod at the time just see what mod is causing SSE to CTD on startup.

Should you be able to find the mod then report to the original author or fix it yourself, if you made that mod.  Or you could stop use that mod.

The problem occurs on quitting the game and it happens whether I have mods installed or not...

55 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Run system file checker.

From an 'elevated' command prompt, type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.

I prefer using verifyonly first. I ran checkdisk, nothing wrong; I ran memtest, nothing wrong. And I can write right now what will be the result of verifyonly: nothing wrong. :)

Edit: Here you go!

Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /verifyonly

Début de l'analyse du système. Cette opération peut nécessiter un certain temps.

Démarrage de la phase de vérification de l'analyse du système.
La vérification 100% est terminée.

Le programme de protection des ressources Windows n'a trouvé aucune violation d'
intégrité.

C:\Windows\system32>

Edited by ladyonthemoon