DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Yet Another Illegal Mod Compilation

Hanaisse

Skyrim: The Journey

Yeah, nothing like advertising it right in the mod authors face.

If that link is finally deleted by the mods at BGS, here's the rundown. Courtesy of Russia, a torrent of 450+ mod compilation is floating around out there. Here's some highlights of the list that I saw;

Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Better Dynamic Snow
Book Covers Skyrim
Cloaks of Skyrim
Cutting Room Floor
Deadly Combat
Deadly Dragons
Dragon Combat Overhaul
Dual Sheath Redux
Dynamic Loot
Enhanced Lights and FX
Falskaar
Footprints
Frostfall
Fuz Ro D-oh
Guard Dialogue Overhaul
Hunting in Skyrim
Inigo
Interesting NPC's
all of JK's town overhauls
Lore Weapon Expansion
Merge Plugins XEdit Script
No Snow Under the Roof
OBIS
Pure Waters
RaceMenu
Realistic Needs and Diseases
Realistic Ragdoll Force
SKSE
SkyFalls
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
SMPC
SkyTest - Realistic Animals
SkyUI
SSME
SMIM
T3nd0s Skyrim Redone
The Wheels of Lull
Unique Grasses
Unique Uniques
USKP
UDBP
UDGP
UHFP
Wearable Lanterns
Wet and Cold
Wyrmstooth

I have the full list and the link to the Russian site that it's on. If anyone wants it, PM me, I'm not advocating it in public.
Good luck trying to do anything about it though. :confused:

• Upvote 1

Sadly, it happens more often than we know. This was more of an FYI to the authors out there when they start getting inundated with "your mod doesn't work!" posts.

Which they probably will when someone tries to run 450+ mods. We all know how well that's going to work out.

Sadly, it happens more often than we know. This was more of an FYI to the authors out there when they start getting inundated with "your mod doesn't work!" posts.

Which they probably will when someone tries to run 450+ mods. We all know how well that's going to work out.

You're right it happens now and then, but like what Pluto said the community are pretty good to fight this kind of things when a mod compilation like this one emerge.

Well, how about modders just stop offer support for mod issues that can be traced back to mod compilations.

• 2 weeks later...

what a duck. HE'S DESTHPICKABLE!

i think i know the answer, but... is some of my stuff in there? couple of months ago russians loved to yoink some of my stuff. they yoinked much too early though, some stuff wasnt finished (alpha / beta stages) and other stuff got cancelled :D

btw... 450 mods? ... im sure guys who need a compilation like that know how to merge mods :pc:

Edited by Ragna_Rok

Great.... It's stuff like this that makes me love the SteamWorkshop even more .... :noway:

+1

kinda ironic though. all that "you have to activate your games online" and poop was supposed to fight piracy... but what about our (modders) work? i know copyright is a tricky legal topic, but still, this is plain being-a-duck at least. worst is that they usually also need ages to remove stuff like that, and even then only after getting nearly mail-bombed by the community. i remember an incident with tamiras stuff couple of months back, also took ages for them to move.

• 4 years later...
14 minutes ago, DemonicMyst said:

Ragna_rok its not sticky here mods are nit legaly protected under copyright, case law already placed the standard that the alteration of a games code is an infringement on copyright, mods are on the edge of legality  they don't even comply with fair use. mods exist on the whim that the original copyright owner choses to not take action 

5 year old thread, pretty much a non-issue at this point.

I would also like to point out that these mods are for a game that the game developer released tools, specifically so that folks COULD mod them. There is even a license agreement that goes with the tool. It flatly states that authors OWN the rights to their mods. It also states that Beth can do whatever they want with them, up to and including selling them, without even given the original author credit for their work.

In other words, your premise is wrong. And so far as I know, there is zero case law regarding mods on Bethesda games.

19 minutes ago, DemonicMyst said:

Acept it doesn't,  copyright is a legal concept legaly copyright does  not protect mods, bethesda protects mods not copyright 

It's extended copyright, sort of, by Zenimax (that owns Bethesda); quoting Zenimax Terms of Service, paragraph D. Game Mods:

Each Game Mod is owned by the developer of the Game Mod, subject to the licenses granted by the developer to ZeniMax as set forth in the Editor EULA.

If the developer of the mod is also its owner, the developer has copyright on it.

Well then, you join today, and start an argument, that has been hashed out so many times, I have lost count. And you still insist on arguing a position that is wrong. Well guess what, I have very little patience for such behavior, and I have the power to stop it, and I am going to.

• HeyYou locked this topic