DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hi there TESA !

Gmus

Well,... hello TES Alliance!

-After hours of combing the forum, wondering how to post in the shoutbox i realized i have not enough posts to see the 'post' button...d'oh-

I'm mostly doing housemods and just recently started to explore working on new worldspaces. Many, many of the resources i've been using in the past originated from here (TESA) and Tamira seems to live here ( :thumbsup: ) so i guess it's time to get aboard properly.

My personal origins in Computer-Gaming are FirstPersonShooters (Doom2->Quake2->OPFlashpoint->Arma2) so this whole fantasy, lore, magic thing is pretty new to me. And, kinda naturally, i like the sword and the bow part of Skyrim most.

The first ''modding'' (i called it editing back then) started for Q2 with Qoole99 and later Worldcraft.

But when it was time to release some stuff (me always being late and like one or two game generations behind) all the platforms where long gone, so we had to host the stuff ourselves. I do still play Fragger once a year :2guns: .

Sooo,... this is a forum and you guys like to read so i'll paste my only contribution to the whole ''money for mods'' thing. I think it describes pretty much what i do and why.....

I would call myself a poor-ish person too (referring to Elianora), meaning i make enough money for the necessities in life (rent, food, (electrical-)power, that kinda stuff..), but i can't afford a fancy vacation on a sunny beach for some weeks... And that is my own choice!

I'm working with kids 6-10 years old at school helping them to get along and understand wtf the grown-ups want from them, (you know, like ADHD in an earlier stage) and i could very well do other job's where i'd earn more money, but no money can buy me the feeling i get when they're leaving the elementary-school and understood the process while keeping their personality intact.

Same goes for modding in my book. As long as one person had fun with it or thinks it's cool, useful, helpful or whatever i'm happy. I'm doing it for myself in the first place.

If i think it might be use- or helpful to someone else i upload it. That simple.

I had to think about the donate buttons several days for my first upload and came to the conclusion that i leave the one on my profile page (if someone really wants to donate something to me) and disable the ones on the modpage(s). The donation can also just be a premium membership, wich pays Nexus, but that's okay for me 'cause without it i wouldn't even have a donation...That way it still feels ''free'' to me and i can honestly say i don't take money for it.

The whole copyright on mod  thing seems ridiculous to me. Every tree i place belongs to bethesda, the engine that displays that tree belongs to bethesda, the main tool to do all that belongs to... you get my point, right?

I think it's time to relax...

see y'all in the forums.... Bye!

Edited by Gmus
  • Upvote 3

Thank you guys..... feels really good :cookie: ...

I'm head-over-heels into a TropicalIslands revamp (Ship,Trees,Plants -thxTami-,Shack,Beaches...) so i'll be in the CK most of the time, but i'm freakin' happy to have found this ''modder's haven'' if i may say so :good: and i'll participate more if i got those meshes out of my head...

• Upvote 1