DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

OBL:Scripting question

KWITS

Good Day,

I want to create a new Mod but I don't remember how to make a quest script. Under CSE for instance when I create new script it automatically becomes an object script. I tried to change that object script to a quest script under TES4Edit but after saving that change to my  Mod, it was still an object script.

Cheers,

KWITS

Developer of "Word and Void" Series

http://www.kwits.net/WaVBlog/

A really easy way to create the quest script is to hit the ellipsis button in the quest panel where you would select an existing quest. Once the script edit window opens in the CS[E], look down in the extreme lower-right corner of the script window, in the status bar. There is a dropdown box to choose Quest Script. You'll have to save your script, then you may need to exit from the quest dialog and reload it. The dialogs in the CS prepopulate their dropdown lists as the dialog is invoked, and they're not very smart about updating the list if you add something new *from* the list. ShadeMe has done wonderful things with the CSE, but some of the original limitations aren't practical to be fixed by the community.

Hi, KWITS.....glad as always to help, since lots and lots of others have helped (and continue to help) me when I'm stuck!

I am not clear from your reply whether you're saying you can' see the dropdown list I mentioned, or if you're saying you couldn't see it before but can now. I can send a screenshot if you need me to.