DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Character sleeping inside/under a bed help

Noobsayer

EDIT: Oops, I just found the study hall. I realize I should be posting there instead. Apologies!

Started a second topic rather than adding to my old one because this is rather different and I figured someone else might have a similar question ... but if I should have kept it to one thread, please tell me. :)

I'm assuming this is a mesh issue, but I don't know for sure.

I'm creating a tent plugin for Campfire using its tutorials/dev kit, and it's gone surprisingly well. I have a problem with my "bedroll" though. My character can interact with it just fine, Campfire functionality (turning off lights etc.) works fine, but when she goes to sit or sleep on it, she seems to think it's facing 180 degrees the other direction and about a foot underground.

So the result is she's sunk into the ground with her feet toward the pillow. Looking at the model data window, it kinda makes sense why.

tumblr_npa2kkS46B1tdh91vo1_1280.png

When I create it as a furniture item, the little yellow cross center indicator is below it, too.

How can I fix this? I tried just opening it up in nifskope, rotating it 180 degrees and lowering it, but the screenshot above is after I'd done that (so it didn't seem to help).

Edited by Noobsayer

No. It's from Elianora's Nakahara mod (I have permission) who in turne tweaked it from jet's Building Kits resource. As best I can tell the problem is there because it was once a bed with a bedframe, but that part was stripped away to leave just the mattress part.

EDIT: I guess jet could have simply retextured a vanilla mesh. Sorry, this is all new territory for me =/

And thank you for moving. :)

Edited by Noobsayer

If this is a retextured bed it explains the issues with the height and rotation.

The keyword "FurnitureBedroll" will cause the character to perform the sleeping animation like it was a bedroll, that  is on the ground and with the head in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 1

If this is a retextured bed it explains the issues with the height and rotation.

The keyword "FurnitureBedroll" will cause the character to perform the sleeping animation like it was a bedroll, that  is on the ground and with the head in the opposite direction.

HMM. OK. That is good to know.

I also realized in nifskope that there's a furniture marker. When I tried lowering the before, I think I just lowered everything -- including the furniture marker. I'mma try just lowering the nitri shapes and hopefully, with your keyword info, I got this. :)

Thank you so much :)

In your first post you mentioned you want to make a bedroll. If you remove the keyword "FurnitureBedroll" in the CK, NPC will perform the animation as if going to sleep in a bed with normal height, that is, they will "climb up" a bit.

I suggest to copy your new custom bed into a bedroll nif, adjust the height of your bed according to the bedroll, then remove the vanilla bedroll from the nif and it should work (except it will have the collision of the bedroll now).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...