DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

getting started pitfalls

longpinkytoes

disclaimer: i had no idea what this might have been called as an existing topic, let me know if this is a duplicate and i'll remove it :laugh:

pitfall 1 -
assuming the scripts are actually in /Data/Scripts after an install.
there are still tutorials around with Step 1 being anything at all but unpack scripts.rar

pitfall 1b -
assuming that there is an easy-to-find gui unzipping app for linux
i will post a screencap of the command-line method for unzipping :wink:

pitfall 2 -
attempting to create a new script in the reference window for an activator
[this is a unique problem that i am the only person to have ever encountered?]

if this your first scripting attempt, you are likely a fragile modder and these can break you.

Edited by longpinkytoes

Unzipping an archive in Linux is pretty much the same as in Windows: double click on it and when the window is open, select the whole content and drag it where you want to extract them.

As for the Scripts.rar, well, it's pretty much new; tutorial authors may not know about this. (In the Scripts.rar, there are also the Dialogue Views folder that must also be extracted before launching the ck, btw.)

As for creating and adding a new script, click on "add" in the scripts window of the object, then click on "new script", give it a name, do not modify the "extends" category, and click on "ok". The new empty script will be created and automatically added to the object. :)