DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] [SOLVED] Compiler seems broken...

TripleSixes

Not a noob to scripting for Skyrim, but this issue is making me feel like one.

No matter what script I write, it won't compile because it can't find the scripts it is extending or referencing. Here is an example:

Script:

Scriptname testScript extends ObjectReference
{Test script to see if papyrus compiler is broken}

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAgressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, Bool abPowerAttack,Bool abSneakAttack, Bool abBashAttack, Bool abHitBlocked)
  Debug.MessageBox("You hit the thing!")
EndEvent

Compiler:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\Source\testScr
ipt.psc(0,0): unable to locate script ObjectReference
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\Source\testScr
ipt.psc(4,28): unknown type objectreference
ipt.psc(4,45): unknown type form
ipt.psc(4,66): unknown type projectile
ipt.psc(5,1): variable Debug is undefined
ipt.psc(5,7): none is not a known user-defined type
No output generated for testScript.psc, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on testScript.psc

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\Source>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

This is coming from a modder that was compiling scripts no problem a few months ago before I took a break, was there some sort of update? I had to reinstall skyrim on this workstation (and the Creation kit, both programs from Steam, same as before).

Also worth noting, there are no scripts in the scripts folder aside from the one I just made, the others are packed up with the other .bsas. I am going to extract those and try again, and let you guys know if I have any luck...

Any ideas? I will be happy to provide any information :/