DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[FNV] Broken AI upon reload

ZuTheSkunk

I have a problem with a custom creature.

The creature is scripted to walk in a predetermined pattern, stopping briefly on specific spots throughout its patrol. In the event it sees the player, it's supposed to enter a "charge" AI package that forces it to reach the player at all costs. If the creature loses sight of the player for 3 seconds, it ceases charge and resumes its patrol. If the creature reaches the player, the player will blow up.

Now, when I startup the game, everything works fine up until getting blown up for the first time. After that, very weird stuff starts happening.

First off, when I use the COC console command to enter the cell, the creature is present at a different spot than intended. Second, it just doesn't behave properly. It has difficulty moving, it's stuck facing a specific direction, and seems to be able to only move forward. And sometimes, instead of moving normally, it ends up repeatedly teleporting, a few feet at a time.

One weird thing I noticed is that for some reason, I receive 55 XP upon reload. I have no idea why, but I suspect it might have something to do with the problem.

I've been trying to find the source of the problem for 5 hours, with no results. If I can't find a solution to this, I will have to abandon the project, because it completely nukes the idea I had.

Please help?

Edited by ZuTheSkunk