Leonardo

Something has changed on the main forum page

What the title says... I am not logged in here too often due for several reasons (I'm not angry or upset with anyone here).

Anyway, this morning when I open Thunderbird I got an e-mail notification about a PM someone had sent me, so I logged in and notice some changes on the main forum page.

What I mean is that last year at least two more subforum (groups?) were present, but now they seems to be gone.

Have these subforums been *deleted* due to inactivity?  Of course I could be wrong about this.

We've been doing a little tidying up :)

And yup the sections removed were no longer used.

The Reclaiming Sancre Tor forum was moved to be under Darkrider's Redoubt.

Where did the KoTN Revelation project forum (or its threads) wind up?

The Reclaiming Sancre Tor forum was moved to be under Darkrider's Redoubt.

Where did the KoTN Revelation project forum (or its threads) wind up?

Archived due to inactivity :)

We've been doing a little tidying up :)

And yup the sections removed were no longer used.

Just what I thought.  Thanks for the confirmation. :smile:

Edited by Leonardo

We do archive hosted forums that are abandoned by their authors. But should the author return they are easily restored.

We're gearing up for some renovations around here so the first step was to clean house :dance:

We're gearing up for some renovations around here so the first step was to clean house :dance:

Renovations? Should I feel worry? :D

Nah, Windmill Tilter is usually able to fix whatever I break :lmao:

Hey DarkRider. I'm back for more mod talk but just noticed the ShoutBox was replaced by a chat room.

There's never anyone in the Chat and I went to stay in there for a while but it kicked me after a few minutes. I don't foresee this being an especially useful feature if nobody can get chats going :/

It's all about timing. :) If you are actually chatting with folks, it won't kick you. (I think I gives the boot after like 15 minutes of inactivity, or some such.) I occasionally see folks in there, but, not incredibly busy.....

Yeah, it kicks you after 25 minutes of inactivity. If the time limit was extended a bit, I think it would encourage more people to use it.

I think it has to do with the fact that you can't have the chat box open while browsing the forums at the same time.

At least I haven't been able to do that /shrugs

I think it has to do with the fact that you can't have the chat box open while browsing the forums at the same time.

At least I haven't been able to do that /shrugs

You can...you just need two tabs open in your browser: one for the chat and one for the forums.

Yeah the chat room is kinda meh for me as well. Every time I gone in and seen others in as well it's just dead quiet. No one chats.

I wasn't here for the shout box but I think it would have better use. People can post quick message,s ask simple questions that don't need a forum post to ask, and such.

Just never seen the chat room being well.. used even when people are in it.

I generally stay away from chat rooms because I'm too busy browsing or looking up answers to questions. I think having the shoutbox back would be a good idea because there are times when I have a quick question and wouldn't mind seeing if I could get a quick answer. ;)