DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Sitewide Upgrades

278 posts in this topic

Hail TESA!

As you may have picked up here and there, TES Alliance is preparing for a major upgrade site wide. We'll be phasing out some features that see little use and bringing in some new things, we'll be picking up the modding competition torch, adding new classes, and changing things around for a better TESA experience overall. :dance:

We expect the upgrade on the user end to begin within this coming week. We will go offline for the initial upgrade, then bring the community back online once the major features are up and running again. There will be a few weeks of tweaks and changes to follow but we'll do that on a live board to reduce the downtime for you folks and of course we'll announce the completion with a full change log so you don't miss any features! :good:

If you are an experienced modder and are interested in teaching one of the open courses here on TESA, please PM me, we are looking for new scholars to take up these prestigious positions! :smarty:

Some fresh new fun for TESA ahead! :fun:

We appreciate your patience during this upgrade process, if you have questions or concerns feel free to post here.

Cheers,

DarkRider & the TESA Team

Edited by DarkRider

:good: Great!

I'd love to do some teaching too; the question being "do I know enough"? ;)

TESA_Header_zpsk6mcrguk.jpg

And we are BACK! :dance:

Welcome back TESA fans, apologies for the lengthy downtime, the changes in the software between the old 3.x version and the new 4.x version were QUITE significant and took us some time to get her back on her feet after the changeover. The overhaul of TESA is not complete yet we still have some tidying up to do but it's stuff that can be handled in a live community so chatting and downloading can recommence.

===What's NEW on TESA===

• Shoutbox is gone: The shoutbox for 4.x is still in development so was not ready for this upgrade. We have phased it out and will not be bringing it back. Instead our goal is to code a global chatroom that is custom to TESA so look for that feature in the coming weeks.
  • The Tracker is gone: Our project tracker was not as popular as we hoped and wasn't efficient for our tech support needs so we have phased it out and brought in the new Support System. If you need help with your account, please Click Support on the nav menu and start a New Request. Your support tickets are private between you and staff members.
  • No More Ads: Really ads only gained us about $100 a year, that only paid out once a year. Not worth it to annoy our fans so away they go.
  • New Subscription Options: Users will now be able to purchase the perks they want separate from a full VIP or Subscription Membership. Just want an extra album or two? Need faster Downloads? No problem, pay for only what you want!
  • Modding Arena: With Shezrie's blessing we have opened the new Modding Arena forum where we'll be hosting modding competitions. Sign up for the 2015 Halloween Challenge later today!
  • Background Picker: We have 8 new backgrounds to choose from just tap the Paintbrush by your user nav to make your choice!
  • No More Grid Forums: We've done away with the grid style forums in favor of a more traditional forum list view.
  • No More Homepage: Instead of a seldom viewed homepage we've added a landing block to the top of the index with important info/links. There's a handy collapse toggle to tuck the header away. The handy tool links are now on the bottom of the forum index and the jukebox is on the upper right and side.
  • Profile Cover Photos: Upload an image to be your personal banner on your profile and when someone hovers on your ID around the site.
  • Blogs: We have a new revamped blog system for those who enjoy writing, blogs can be used for project tracking with a team or on your own, sharing tips or recipes, ongoing stories, a personal fan fiction collection, whatever you enjoy sharing.

===What's Still WIP===

• Subscriptions/VIPs: We had to replace the old subscription module with something new entirely and are still in the process of restoring those privileges to our current subscribers/VIPs. We're also still setting up the subscription store.
  • Awards: The awards module we used to use appears abandoned by its author so we are working on updating this module ourselves. The data is still in the database, it's just inactive while we work out a solution.
  • Tutorials Library: This module is giving us some trouble in upgrading but we're working with the author and should have it back up soon.
  • Formatting & Posts: Some posts experienced formatting loss, some posts have out of date info still, we'll be cleaning those up. Feel free to Edit and tidy up your own posts if you'd like to pitch in
  • Toggles: We will be adding hide/show toggles back that were phased out in 4.x [EDIT] We will fix the welcome toggle
  • New Classes in the Enclave: New classes are in the works but not finished yet.
  • Better CKEditor: We're not happy with some of the post editor changes in 4.x so we'll be updating our editors to a custom configuration

In addition to the changes we've made there are a number of changes brought on just by the software enhancements so have a good poke around and figure out all the new bells and whistles. We'll continue with our work on the upgrade so things may get a bit bumpy at times. We appreciate your patience as we continue with the overhaul of TESA. :salute:

I can minimize the landing block, but, it doesn't stay that way..... each time I come back to the main page, there it is....... :)

There is a problem with "my activity": it displays a list of posts instead a list of the topics in which I have posted...

Site looks incredible. Looking forward to the rest of the features when they are implemented. :)

There is a problem with "my activity": it displays a list of posts instead a list of the topics in which I have posted...

The default feed is All Activity, does it show Topics if you click the Topics filter? Or does it show posts when you click the Topics filter?

All activity shows all the posts by default; clicking on "topics" in the left lists the topics. :)

Cannot insert links properly in posts, by using the link icon. (The posts I made yesterday were copied and pasted from the Bethsoft forums).

Can you describe what it does instead?

It does nothing. I paste the link in the link box; I paste the text in the text box; I click "insert in the post" and nothing happens except that the links and text boxes empty themselves.

Edit: edited my post and tried again to make the link and this time it worked. Don't know why it didn't work this morning... :)

Could we have the "BBCode Mode" back? I use it on a daily basis, almost. ;)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Ahem, typos...

DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have may (many?) exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visti the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

:)

In the chat with Grond I already mentioned some issues that I noticed, I think he will pass them on. 

I miss the "New Content" on the forum page. It helped me to get a quick overview of stuff that I did not yet read.

Have the badges gone for good? Not that I miss them :D

... and why has the line break changed? Now I have to hold shift to avoid a double space between lines.

The emoticon list is not very handy now.

To be continued ... :P

In the chat with Grond I already mentioned some issues that I noticed, I think he will pass them on. 

I miss the "New Content" on the forum page. It helped me to get a quick overview of stuff that I did not yet read.

Have the badges gone for good? Not that I miss them :D

... and why has the line break changed? Now I have to hold shift to avoid a double space between lines.

The emoticon list is not very handy now.

To be continued ... :P

• Awards: The awards module we used to use appears abandoned by its author so we are working on updating this module ourselves. The data is still in the database, it's just inactive while we work out a solution.
  • Better CKEditor: We're not happy with some of the post editor changes in 4.x so we'll be updating our editors to a custom configuration

Better CKEditor includes fixes for BBCode, Emotes, and Line spacing. IPS is actually updating it altogether because they messed it up. So we'll get these things fixed :yes:

NewContent.jpg

Will we be able to customise the "home" page? I'd like to "remove" the box with the music in it. And moving other boxes up and down. ;)

Tamira didn't mean the link to "new content", she meant the box. I think it's now the one named "Topics"?

Sorry, my bad. Found the "new content" now. And had not quite understood that award thingy, thanks for making it clearer to me.

But what means: better CKEditor ? I'd love a better CK, really :lol:

Edit: you posted while I posted, Rider. English is not my native language, you know. And when I looked up semi annual in my dic it said: every half year.

Edited by Tamira

I'm not sure I agree on all the points Grond shared. Does the Jukebox need a title? Isn't it obviously a jukebox? The Halloween Challenge is "Semi Annual" meaning "sort of" or "somewhat" annual since we do not have one annually not to be confused with "Semiannual" which means twice a year. :shrug:

Everything in the code says that Files widget should be saying Recent Files, but it isn't. I'll get it figured out. :salute:

Messenger: we can no longer delete conversations individually? I've been given the choice to delete all of them, or none. :)

Also, I have attachments that belong to conversations I deleted in the past but are still listed in "my attachments".

Messenger: we can no longer delete conversations individually? I've been given the choice to delete all of them, or none. :)

Also, I have attachments that belong to conversations I deleted in the past but are still listed in "my attachments".

Deleting a conversation never deleted attachments before because the other person's copy would still keep it so that's why they're still there. Unless you manually deleted them from My Attachments. To delete attachments Go to My Attachments and click the Trashcan to delete. Everyone should do this because your accounts are likely bloated with junk you didn't know you still had. :D

Delete%20Attach_zpshfbq676c.jpg

To delete a single convo in your message box just click Leave Conversation. "Delete" is inaccurate because even if you deleted a convo before, again, the other person had a copy. So IPS has changed this to leaving a convo rather than deleting. :)

OneDelete_zpseqvpsfxw.jpg

Edited by DarkRider

Do we like these tags? Should I do them for all the groups? :D

<---

Is there any way to move the controls for your profile (not the other stuff next to it) up to the non-scrolling area at the top?

Oh, and is it not possible to delete a PM? I see no option on the menu anywhere for that.

Edited by Arthmoor

Do we like these tags? Should I do them for all the groups? :D

<---

Not bad! :D

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Is there any way to move the controls for your profile (not the other stuff next to it) up to the non-scrolling area at the top?

Oh, and is it not possible to delete a PM? I see no option on the menu anywhere for that.

To delete a single convo in your message box just click Leave Conversation. "Delete" is inaccurate because even if you deleted a convo before, again, the other person had a copy. So IPS has changed this to leaving a convo rather than deleting. :)

OneDelete_zpseqvpsfxw.jpg

I'm working on fixing the user nav so it doesn't scroll :good:

Update Progress:

• Responded to Various Support Requests and Tweaks
  • Revamped Group Tags and Rank Pips
  • Quick clone reskin of the main theme to include a Light version now available in the Theme picker.