DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Sitewide Upgrades

278 posts in this topic

Update Progress:

• Responded to Various Support Requests and Tweaks

Good job!

What about bringing back the BBCode Mode? :)

Good job!

What about bringing back the BBCode Mode? :)

It's still on the In Progress List, I have BBCode working but it breaks editing, so still in progress :rofl:

It's still on the In Progress List, I have BBCode working but it breaks editing, so still in progress :rofl:

Ah, thank you! :D

Question: I cannot find the way to generate the slide show for my album. Has this been abandoned?

Other question: how about a "CS Basics" course for Morrowind? Oblivion and Skyrim are covered, not Morrowind and I cannot find any course, only bits and pieces scattered all over the web.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Other question: how about a "CS Basics" course for Morrowind? Oblivion and Skyrim are covered, not Morrowind and I cannot find any course, only bits and pieces scattered all over the web.

I would be willing to help teach this if it was implemented.

I would be willing to help teach this if it was implemented.

Oh my! You're going to be my best friend ever! :D

We actually have a Morrowind classroom: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/36-modding-for-morrowind/

TESA originally had a full classroom set for Morrowind and Fliggerty was setting things up but there's never been enough interest from the community to flesh it out further. Eventually Fliggerty abandoned the course, we removed all the empty forums and condensed the materials into what you see there. We had a separate school for Fallout but same deal.

Finding someone willing to write, then STAY and teach the material is really tough, for Skyrim. It's even harder the older the titles get. If there are Morrowind modders like Jac who want to add to the materials they are more than welcome! :yes:

Can you make it possible to go directly to last page in a pm when selecting it from the inbox page? It's just a mild inconvenience to have to first select the pm and then select last page. 

Oh my! You're going to be my best friend ever! :D

Heh. I will warn you that I don't do modeling or texturing, but I should be able to help out on any other subject. If there's a model or texture question, I'll try to get Drakkmore over here to answer them.

@DS: I'll get my dialog stuff up later on. Should I post it here or provide links? I have a tutorial on the Nexus that's been ported over to the MW wiki as well.

@DS: I'll get my dialog stuff up later on. Should I post it here or provide links? I have a tutorial on the Nexus that's been ported over to the MW wiki as well.

Go ahead and post in the Morrowind classroom. You can also post in any threads there that you find inaccurate or needing deletion and we'll bin them. We'll pin any new topics you add thanks :yes:

Roger. Given how big my tutorial is, I'll split it into smaller posts with each covering a specific aspect of it.

Heh. I will warn you that I don't do modeling or texturing, but I should be able to help out on any other subject. If there's a model or texture question, I'll try to get Drakkmore over here to answer them.

No problem! I'm not into modeling or texturing, yet. One day, maybe. ;)

Thanks for the tutorial you just posted! Another one about making "packages" for npcs, maybe? :P

Go ahead and post in the Morrowind classroom. You can also post in any threads there that you find inaccurate or needing deletion and we'll bin them. We'll pin any new topics you add thanks :yes:

They up so sticky away!

No problem! I'm not into modeling or texturing, yet. One day, maybe. ;)

Thanks for the tutorial you just posted! Another one about making "packages" for npcs, maybe? :P

Anytime.

Morrowind NPCs don't use packages the same way Oblivion and Skyrim ones do. In Morrowind, all packages do is tell the NPC how far to wander, if at all, and how often to run their idle animations (scratch head, stretch, etc.). If you want your NPC to do something specific, post in the classroom and I'll see if I can answer it.

What?

You are only allowed to give reputation 10 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today. OK

:noway: 

Edited by ladyonthemoon

What?

:noway: 

:lol: Some of the permissions are wonky, I'm fixing them as I find em, I'll add that one to the list.

Would be nice to have the option to toggle (minimize) the images and files on the main forum page too, as well as those on the right side (jukebox etc.) like it was before the update.

TESA_Header_zpsk6mcrguk.jpg

And we are BACK! :dance:

Welcome back TESA fans, apologies for the lengthy downtime, the changes in the software between the old 3.x version and the new 4.x version were QUITE significant and took us some time to get her back on her feet after the changeover. The overhaul of TESA is not complete yet we still have some tidying up to do but it's stuff that can be handled in a live community so chatting and downloading can recommence.

===What's NEW on TESA===

• Shoutbox is gone: The shoutbox for 4.x is still in development so was not ready for this upgrade. We have phased it out and will not be bringing it back. Instead our goal is to code a global chatroom that is custom to TESA so look for that feature in the coming weeks.
  • The Tracker is gone: Our project tracker was not as popular as we hoped and wasn't efficient for our tech support needs so we have phased it out and brought in the new Support System. If you need help with your account, please Click Support on the nav menu and start a New Request. Your support tickets are private between you and staff members.
  • No More Ads: Really ads only gained us about $100 a year, that only paid out once a year. Not worth it to annoy our fans so away they go.
  • New Subscription Options: Users will now be able to purchase the perks they want separate from a full VIP or Subscription Membership. Just want an extra album or two? Need faster Downloads? No problem, pay for only what you want!
  • Modding Arena: With Shezrie's blessing we have opened the new Modding Arena forum where we'll be hosting modding competitions. Sign up for the 2015 Halloween Challenge later today!
  • Background Picker: We have 8 new backgrounds to choose from just tap the Paintbrush by your user nav to make your choice!
  • No More Grid Forums: We've done away with the grid style forums in favor of a more traditional forum list view.
  • No More Homepage: Instead of a seldom viewed homepage we've added a landing block to the top of the index with important info/links. There's a handy collapse toggle to tuck the header away. The handy tool links are now on the bottom of the forum index and the jukebox is on the upper right and side.
  • Profile Cover Photos: Upload an image to be your personal banner on your profile and when someone hovers on your ID around the site.

===What's Still WIP===

• Subscriptions/VIPs: We had to replace the old subscription module with something new entirely and are still in the process of restoring those privileges to our current subscribers/VIPs. We're also still setting up the subscription store.
  • Awards: The awards module we used to use appears abandoned by its author so we are working on updating this module ourselves. The data is still in the database, it's just inactive while we work out a solution.
  • Tutorials Library: This module is giving us some trouble in upgrading but we're working with the author and should have it back up soon.
  • Formatting & Posts: Some posts experienced formatting loss, some posts have out of date info still, we'll be cleaning those up. Feel free to Edit and tidy up your own posts if you'd like to pitch in
  • Blogs: We have a new revamped blog system for those who enjoy writing blogs can be used for project tracking with a team or on your own, sharing tips or recipes, ongoing stories, whatever you enjoy sharing. The system just needs some tidying.
  • Toggles: We will be adding hide/show toggles back that were phased out in 4.x [EDIT] We will fix the welcome toggle
  • New Classes in the Enclave: New classes are in the works but not finished yet.
  • Better CKEditor: We're not happy with some of the post editor changes in 4.x so we'll be updating our editors to a custom configuration

In addition to the changes we've made there are a number of changes brought on just by the software enhancements so have a good poke around and figure out all the new bells and whistles. We'll continue with our work on the upgrade so things may get a bit bumpy at times. We appreciate your patience as we continue with the overhaul of TESA. :salute:

Would be nice to have the option to toggle (minimize) the images and files on the main forum page too, as well as those on the right side (jukebox etc.) like it was before the update.

It's on the list :)

IPS completely removed the code for toggling blocks we will have to code it ourselves into each individual block, but we'll get there. :good:

Do you have an estimate of when the tutorial library will be back up?

Do you have an estimate of when the tutorial library will be back up?

We do not, it's a 3rd party application and we have a ticket in with the author but the support response as been slow. It's top of our priority list though so we'll get it back up as soon as we can. :good:

There are many tutorials still available in The Enclave forum :)

Something I wanted to tell but I always forgot: site is quite slow, whatever page I load takes a minimum of 5 seconds to display. Any other forum takes a fraction of a second to load, with variations of course, but here it's constant. Am I the only one to experience this?

It's a little slow, part of it is that the code is still in flux while we're making changes, once we finish the upgrade and clear all the caches etc load times should be faster. :good:

Updating on the Upgrade: We're a little slow at the moment while Wind fixes a RAID crash on his rig, leaving me on my own...which is dangerous :lmao:

Latest Changes:

• Added a Second Text input field in the Downloads Section
  • Sorted the new FO4 Downloads categories
  • Added the new Elder group and manually promoted the Elders. Elder are long time regulars who continue to make significant financial contributions to TESA's upkeep over their years here, we want to say thanks by moving them to a premium level account, that never expires, for free. We appreciate all of the support over the years! We've upgraded a number of accounts if we missed you just shoot me a PM. [EDIT-This actually doesn't seem to be well received by the folks who were gifted this, so we may drop it, sorry for any inconvenience :( ]
  • Started moving the user nav to a stationary position so it no longer rolls with the page
  • Still working with software authors to fix blogs and tutorials

Khajiit notices that, in this thread, he can't navigate between pages using Firefox's arrow buttons. Instead it seems he can only find entries for the page he's currently on. 

:anyone:

So... I wrote a short "how-to" on opening the help file for the Morrowind Construction Set. Where would that go- in the appropriate Enclave forum? Also, do let us know when the "back to top" button will be reinstated. Thank you.

Edited by Tigersong

Added the new Elder group and manually promoted the Elders. Elder are long time regulars who continue to make significant financial contributions to TESA's upkeep over their years here, we want to say thanks by moving them to a premium level account, that never expires, for free. We appreciate all of the support over the years! We've upgraded a number of accounts if we missed you just shoot me a PM. [EDIT-This actually doesn't seem to be well received by the folks who were gifted this, so we may drop it, sorry for any inconvenience :(

Wow... that`s so cool. I was wondering why I was purple... This means that I can still donate my usual sub. ammt.  while exploring the new parameters of the Elder status. Which brings to mind the question... What does this entail? 

I haven`t noticed any inconvenience and totally appreciate the gift. :coolup:

So... I wrote a short "how-to" on opening the help file for the Morrowind Construction Set. Where would that go- in the appropriate Enclave forum? Also, do let us know when the "back to top" button will be reinstated. Thank you.

Morrowind tutorials go in here for now, TS.