DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Sitewide Upgrades

281 posts in this topic

Wow... that`s so cool. I was wondering why I was purple... This means that I can still donate my usual sub. ammt.  while exploring the new parameters of the Elder status. Which brings to mind the question... What does this entail? 

I haven`t noticed any inconvenience and totally appreciate the gift. :coolup:

Once I get all the memberships levels sorted out, the Elders have uncapped, unlimited everything, basically Elders have all the permission extensions that staff have minus moderation powers. Unlimited PM boxes, uncapped downloads, flood bypass (ie no wait time between searches), self moderation, etc. Hoping once we get the kinks worked out of the upgrade the folks who have earned this privilege boost will enjoy it; all the hiccups caused by the upgrade still being in progress may have put an undue damper on what is supposed to be something fun/cool. Thanks Don :toast:

[EDIT-This actually doesn't seem to be well received by the folks who were gifted this, so we may drop it, sorry for any inconvenience :( ]

Did others complain too or was it only me? :D

I didn't out anyone as complaining :P but it seemed to cause more confusion than excitement. Hopefully when it's all sorted out it can be enjoyed by those who earned it.

A general note, the upgrade has been stalled a bit, Windmill Tilter has suffered some technical difficulties and he's been offline for several days leaving me as the lone upgrader till his rig is back on its feet. Did manage to get the new blogs module working. Hope to have the Tutorial library up next :good:

Yes, all premium memberships can make blogs but we'll also have a Blog option where you can just make a one time payment for your blog space and it's yours forever. If you delete your blog, you can make a new one without repurchase. :)

Updating on the Upgrade: We're a little slow at the moment while Wind fixes a RAID crash on his rig, leaving me on my own...which is dangerous :lmao:

Latest Changes:

• Added a Second Text input field in the Downloads Section
  • Sorted the new FO4 Downloads categories
  • Added the new Elder group and manually promoted the Elders. Elder are long time regulars who continue to make significant financial contributions to TESA's upkeep over their years here, we want to say thanks by moving them to a premium level account, that never expires, for free. We appreciate all of the support over the years! We've upgraded a number of accounts if we missed you just shoot me a PM. [EDIT-This actually doesn't seem to be well received by the folks who were gifted this, so we may drop it, sorry for any inconvenience :( ]
  • Started moving the user nav to a stationary position so it no longer rolls with the page
  • Still working with software authors to fix blogs and tutorials

I'm still getting my bearings after being sick the past month, but I just wanted to say Thank You for the Elder upgrade. And it also means I can still contribute to TESA as I have the funds to do so.

Updating on the Upgrade:

• The Tutorial Library is BACK! :D

The new content function seems to be broken. Even though there are unread posts for me, the search is saying nothing new here and I have "All new content" checked. :(

Updating on the Upgrade:

• The Tutorial Library is BACK! :D

Wonderful!

Except ... all formating is fubar'd. Will authors have to go back in and re-write?

I can't seem to find the tutorial I did on customizing NPC's. I thought it was originally under the CS Basics class with some others.

Wonderful!

Except ... all formating is fubar'd. Will authors have to go back in and re-write?

Once the CKEditor is fixed should be easy for TESA staff to just clean up the formatting. That's happened all around the site because the 4.0 version parses formatting from the old software oddly.

@Arion- I dont see any tutorials by you, but we can check the backups we made before the upgrade and I'll let you know if we find it there. :)

@Arion- I dont see any tutorials by you, but we can check the backups we made before the upgrade and I'll let you know if we find it there. :)

It wasn't with the tutorials. I believe it was in the CS Basics area as a guest scholar or guest something or other. It might have been in the NPC/AI area but it was about customizing a player race with hair and skin. It was pretty long and had screenshots of all the steps.

Edit: I have an old copy of it and I'll PM it to you as it says I don't have permission to upload a 1.+ MB file. Only allows 0.29MB. Well I was going to attach it to a PM for you but it won't let me do that either. *sigh*

If it helps the title was "Guest Workshop: A Basic Tutorial on "How to Build a Custom Race"

Edited by Arion

Those are Elder permissions errors, I'll fix them, sorry :D

[EDIT] Fixed now? :huh: You might want to just post it in the library, site stats show the tutorials module actually gets more traffic than the boards. You would reach more people there. Up to you :yes:

Edited by DarkRider

Were you able to find the original one posted on the board? It has links to all the screenshots that are somewhere in my albums. It was posted where you wanted it when you allowed Guest Workshops. I don't mind it being where you think it would do the most good. I'm going to attach the one I have here if it helps you track down the original one.

Guest Workshop Arion.7z

Edit: The one I attached was changed on some parts because you offered suggestions to make it clearer. (more professional I think you said) :) There was a short video attached on the second part and the only copies of the figures are on the board somewhere in my albums.

Edited by Arion

Haven't found it yet Arion but downloaded and will get it up somewhere. I'll let you know if I need a hand :yes:

UPDATE: A Files Tab has been restored to your profiles so you all can now easily find your last 10 files, if you have more than that you can search them under Activity Feed>Files but like before there's only so many files that can be displayed in the profile :good:

Hello. How do I modify my signature? There's nothing about that in "edit profile"...

Hello. How do I modify my signature? There's nothing about that in "edit profile"...

Click on the drop down box next to your name on the user navigation bar, select Account Settings>Signature :yes:

Click on the drop down box next to your name on the user navigation bar, select Account Settings>Signature :yes:

Thank you! :D

So, have we lost the ability to preview posts before posting? Or am I just missing it somewhere?

So, have we lost the ability to preview posts before posting? Or am I just missing it somewhere?

That's a feature they cut from the editor that Im working to put back :)

:scary:  Wow, ok, still getting used to things around here but that was a heart-attack moment. :rofl:

My bookmark for the site comes to the forum page, so when I log in, I expected to still be on the forum page. Instead, I was redirected to a Login page? The sites main page, I assume. The jukebox there auto plays, and it was LOUD. :lmao:

Are logins going to take us to the main page all the time now?

That page is an eye-opener all right. :shock: No amount of cache-cleaning or cookie destruction got rid of it for me, so I have a little race with it...

Every time I log in I watch the bottom left of my page: "Transferring data..." and as soon as it says "Loading page..." I click the Forum tab to avoid it. That moves me immediately to this forum page. Otherwise the hinky "main page" will load and, as Hana said, it's loud. I guess it plays all the audio at once - the Skyrim teaser, and all the juke box tracks start.

Jukebox does not auto-play for me...... and I land on the same page as the "forums" link takes you to in any event...... Site does seem to still load slow though....

Jukebox does not auto-play for me......

The juke box is not supposed to autoplay, I hope! It doesn't for me, so, please, keep it that way! :D

Something was playing, without any interaction from me. :lmao: Also, the "logout" page (which is essentially the same main page) does it as well.