DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Sitewide Upgrades

278 posts in this topic

Hmmm, that used to be an option on YouTube you could set the size of the video. I'll look and see if there's a board option we can use :yes:

Why is it that the links that load external pages do not open in another page/tab?

There is possibly a browser setting for that..... Or, you can configure one of your mouse buttons, (I use the mouse wheel) to open any link in a new tab.

9 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

There is possibly a browser setting for that..... Or, you can configure one of your mouse buttons, (I use the mouse wheel) to open any link in a new tab.

Normally it should be automatic; it's a rule: links that open exterior pages must open in a new window/tab. :) At least it used to be a rule.

True. And I have no idea what changed. :)

It should be a CSS setting I think. Maybe the one here got changed somehow?

It was a rule, but one we added not one that is default to the forum, I'll add it back in :)

10 hours ago, DarkRider said:

It was a rule, but one we added not one that is default to the forum, I'll add it back in :)

:thumbup: Thank you!

How do we add videos in the music thread now? It used to be adding [ media ] link [ /media ] worked. I can't add any videos anymore. I just puts the web address. See Music thread #3 last page to see what I mean.

PS.l.. I added the spaces here so it didn't barf but in the thread I don't have spaces.

Edited by Arion

If they're YouTube videos just paste the URL in the post body and it should parse automatically but you have to use the actual page url not the share link that's like youtu.be. Use the URL from the browser instead. :yes:

So, can we safely edit our files now? I have new versions waiting to be uploaded. If editing is still problematic, I'm willing to re-upload them anew, unless that is also problematic?

We've been tracking your issues but havent been able to recreate them. Editing files works for us. You should clear your cache and give it a go, I would just backup the files and description just to be extra safe. Report back if you're experiencing the same issues.

7 hours ago, DarkRider said:

We've been tracking your issues but havent been able to recreate them. Editing files works for us. You should clear your cache and give it a go, I would just backup the files and description just to be extra safe. Report back if you're experiencing the same issues.

Well, the problem is still there. I uploaded a new version of my Lunar Forge weapons and here is what the page looks like now: all the images are now displaying twice:

1. in the description (which is normal)
  2. in "What's new in this version" (which is not normal since I didn't add any of the images.)
  3. if I edit it again, I can delete the images one by one in the description of the new version but they still display after I save.

See for yourself:

I cannot load the new version of Whitewater Farm in these conditions, given the quantity of images there are there.

My cache is emptied each time I shut down the browser. The problem is not on my side.

And, by the way, we still cannot delete our files.

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Okay I will keep hunting for the cause thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Tagged IPS about the downloads issue and they recommend a new update sooooo updating again, hold on for safety :construction:

Okay, so TESA was hacked yesterday they uploaded some malware. No one's info was compromised or anything, the site host detected the malware and took the sites down to protect everything...then failed to notify me that I needed to remove the malware meself. :pc:

Ive removed the malware and updated the board as I mentioned above. Im starting the process of restoring our customizations again, and fixing the bugs...again. Lady if you could test your file editing and see if that's fixed that would be helpful. :D

55 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

... Lady if you could test your file editing and see if that's fixed that would be helpful. :D

No changes, I edited the "add a new version" description and manually removed the images but they are still there.

What's become of the flying dragon background image?

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I had to upgrade the theme too so the images, which were a customization, have to be restored. Im actually working on that now :)

55 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

I had to upgrade the theme too so the images, which were a customization, have to be restored. Im actually working on that now :)

Yeah! It's back! I feel at home again! :D Thank you! 

We've updated the default dark theme so you may need to reset your background choice again. Once we finish tweaking we'll skin a light copy so some bugs may continue on the light pro skin. Still fixing some stuff up :)

It doesnt look like we'll ever get post preview back at this point. The current editor does a live preview so post preview is considered redundant and the software company seems unwilling to support our efforts to restore the feature. We'll continue watching the IPS mod community for any developments on this feature though. :good:

12 hours ago, DarkRider said:

We've updated the default dark theme so you may need to reset your background choice again. Once we finish tweaking we'll skin a light copy so some bugs may continue on the light pro skin. Still fixing some stuff up :)

It doesnt look like we'll ever get post preview back at this point. The current editor does a live preview so post preview is considered redundant and the software company seems unwilling to support our efforts to restore the feature. We'll continue watching the IPS mod community for any developments on this feature though. :good:

Thanks for fixing the dark theme; it does look better now. Maybe the blue colour is a little too flashy for me but it's better than that white anyway! ;)

That's a pity we won't get the post preview back; a "live" preview makes me nervous...

Yaaaaaaaay! Colour!!! :woot:  Ooo, and all the buttons in the editor box seem to line up now! Good work!

Had an interesting occurance when I logged in... my browser asked me if I wanted to view notifications. :huh: I'm assuming it was asking if I wanted to see the little red # 2 by the notifications icon. I said yes and nothing else happened. :shrug: Is this some new thing from the upgrade?

11 minutes ago, Hanaisse said:

... my browser asked me if I wanted to view notifications. :huh: I'm assuming it was asking if I wanted to see the little red # 2 by the notifications icon. I said yes and nothing else happened. :shrug: Is this some new thing from the upgrade?

Nope, it's browser specific. You're using Firefox I suppose. Since you have agreed, you'll get a notification on your desktop, bottom right, each time someone has answered a post you have made. You'll see it popping up when I post this one for example. And if you are not connected here, you'll get it the next time you are. ;)

Uh, yeah, so it did. :sour: Except, it wasn't doing this before and it doesn't do it on any other site and I haven't upgraded (yes, Firefox).