DarkRider

[TECH SUPPORT] Sitewide Upgrades

278 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Hanaisse said:

Uh, yeah, so it did. :sour: Except, it wasn't doing this before and it doesn't do it on any other site and I haven't upgraded (yes, Firefox).

Well it's Firefox and web site specific. You can have this on Twitter too. You don't like it I guess? In that case, open the options, go to "Content" and then click on the button "Choose". :)

"Unread Content" is at the top of the page next to the Twitter/Facebook Icons :idea:

Apologies for the site being down, more malware was injected into our code and had to be removed before we could go live again. If this keeps up the host will shut us down permanent like so keep your fingers crossed we can get this nailed down. :tesa:

4 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

"Unread Content" is at the top of the page next to the Twitter/Facebook Icons :idea:

There's nothing there:

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, DarkRider said:

Apologies for the site being down, more malware was injected into our code and had to be removed before we could go live again. If this keeps up the host will shut us down permanent like so keep your fingers crossed we can get this nailed down. :tesa:

You mean completely delete the entire site? 

Spoiler tags are broken. In this message:

I had placed spoiler tags around the first video; when I saved the message, the following video and the texts around it were included and hidden, like I had place the ending tag at the end of the message instead of after the first video. I did place the tag after the first video.

Spoiler tags have been unreliable since the first of the latest updates. Especially nested spoilers, even if done correctly. I encountered the same problems when reformatting the tutorials months ago.

My clumsy work-around was to: cut and paste to notepad (or word) both the tags and the part intended to be inside the tags, save the tutorial without the spoiler(s), then open the tutorial for editing again, and paste the spoiler where it goes. That worked.

That editor is still "iffy". My apologies for not speaking up about this before. :blush:

3 hours ago, grond said:

... My clumsy work-around was to: cut and paste to notepad (or word) both the tags and the part intended to be inside the tags, save the tutorial without the spoiler(s), then open the tutorial for editing again, and paste the spoiler where it goes. That worked. ... My apologies for not speaking up about this before. :blush:

No harm done and thank you for the info; I'll try that. :D

And works around cannot be clumsy, they are just... works around. ;)

4 hours ago, grond said:

My clumsy work-around was to: cut and paste to notepad (or word) both the tags and the part intended to be inside the tags, save the tutorial without the spoiler(s), then open the tutorial for editing again, and paste the spoiler where it goes. That worked.

Well, I just tried that and... it didn't work. After struggling 30 mns, I found a way. Actually, it took me 30 mins that have that way work. I edited the message, which didn't contain any spoiler, used your method and the two videos and the texts were included within the tag. :pc: So, I edited the message again and used cut to extract the video and the texts I didn't want to be hidden and pasted them outside the spoiler box. After doing this, the "save" button didn't work, clicking on it did nothing. :huh:  It's only after several times, editions and re-editions, cancel, load and re-load, that it eventually worked. The post now looks like what I wanted it to look like. Phew...

Oops, I forgot a step. My workaround only succeeds if you do it at midnight under a full moon while chanting "Kyne guide me" over and over. :lmao:

Sorry for the trouble. I'm glad you finally got it working. :trophy:

7 minutes ago, grond said:

Oops, I forgot a step. My workaround only succeeds if you do it at midnight under a full moon while chanting "Kyne guide me" over and over.

:lmao:

7 minutes ago, grond said:

Sorry for the trouble. I'm glad you finally got it working. :trophy:

Me too, after all the efforts... ;)

And now, we can no longer modify the size and colour of the text in our signature:

Capture.JPG

and the links have lost their colour... (see my signature).

Edited by ladyonthemoon

That's odd, and happening to me too. I'm unable to dig into the code though, so it has to wait for Rider or Windmill Tilter to check into it. Meanwhile, I think we should all close the editor - nay, close all editors - until tomorrow. After all, it's  Friday the 13th. Be safe! :dizzy:

2 minutes ago, grond said:

That's odd, and happening to me too. I'm unable to dig into the code though, so it has to wait for Rider or Windmill Tilter to check into it. Meanwhile, I think we should all close the editor - nay, close all editors - until tomorrow. After all, it's  Friday the 13th. Be safe! :dizzy:

Yeah, Friday the 13th, six months ago, was one of the worst days in my life, and I didn't lose anyone close that night.

Background image changes aren't sticking between sessions. I have my browser clear cookies when closed every night so I think it might be tied into that? It'll stay changed until I close.

(Again, people are probably tired of me saying this .. it never happened before)

14 minutes ago, Hanaisse said:

Background image changes aren't sticking between sessions. I have my browser clear cookies when closed every night so I think it might be tied into that?

Yes, keeping cookies makes your preferences stick. In Firefox, I have set the cookies so that:

• they are deleted when I close Firefox,
  • added tesalliance.org to the "exceptions", so that the cookies are not deleted when I close Firefox.

These settings also allow you not to be logged out each time you quit.

On 05/05/2016 at 7:39 PM, ladyonthemoon said:

There's nothing there: ...

The "All activity" button shows only if I am logged out: ...

Edit: go figure, now the button is completely back... :huh:

Fixed then, I suppose. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

I'm traveling until the 20th so won't continue fixing the site until I return. I will take a look at the issues that remain when I get back :)

Site Update: 

Hey guys, apologies for the lengthy downtime. We were forced very suddenly to change webhosts. We had no notice so were unable to give you any unfortunately.

The good news is we have moved to a much more powerful dedicated server so you should see performance improvements site wide! :dance:

I'll keep you posted as the migration to the new server continues. Things may be a little bumpy for a bit yet :construction:

I have troubles getting some of the notifications I should get. For example, I didn't get the notifications for your most recent post, and that of Grond, on my thread about me launching myself into game making.

Also, submitting replies takes a long time.

The server migration is still In Progress due to the number of files we have to transfer. A lot of the little hiccups should resolve when it's complete. :)

1 minute ago, DarkRider said:

The server migration is still In Progress due to the number of files we have to transfer. A lot of the little hiccups should resolve when it's complete. :)

Ah... :)

The databases are in transit now, so may not be able to edit. I'll be tracking this one, sorry for the inconvenience. :bagged:

All the images in my Lunar Forge mod have disappeared: